Using GUIs

AmigaOS specific forum
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by dreamlandfantasy.

Hi there,

Does anyone have any examples of how to create GUIs using MUI or ClassAct/Reaction?

Alternatively, can anyone give me some examples of how to use image gadget?

Kind regards,

Francis.
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by Berga.

Hi Francis.
I'm not yet a PureBasic programmer (i'm still using blitz2, but I plan to move into Pure soon), but I know that PureBasic supports AmigaOS function calls. Buy the Amiga Developer CD, and you can get all the documentation you need to start programming DIRECTLY AmigaOS (no PureBasic commands, you can access more options of AmigaOS functions). Then donwload the developer archive of MUI (http://www.sasg.com), to know MUI specific programming issues.
For the image gadget you mean gadtools.library's image gadget?
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by dreamlandfantasy.

Hi Berga,

I have the Amiga Developer's CD, plus some of the RKMs.

GadTools does not appear to have an image gadget function, but the standard intuition gadgets do. The problem is that Fred seems to only have implemented GadTools commands in PureBasic and none of the intuition ones, so I am not sure how to create them and then attach them to a window. If I could access the intuition gadgets I could just use the GFLG_GADGIMAGE and GFLG_GADGHIMAGE flags to specify the gadget's imagery.

As for MUI, I have downloaded the developer package, but I haven't a clue on how to go about creating a MUI application. How do I convert the MUI C include files? And how do I get PureBasic to recognise the MUI commands? So many questions... Blitz2 was good since there was a MUI extension done for it, but there does not appear to be anyone doing one for PureBasic.

Kind regards,

Francis.