It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: SweetyVD (Visual Designer)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:47 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I was just passing by PB forums after a very long time and I came across this post which interested me so I download and tested Sweety VD and it is truly a usable solution!

Incidentally I have been involved in a project which allows users to build applications with almost no code for web.

Originally we had implemented a file based approach but we were facing a lot of problems like when the user copies the project to another location he may forget a few files and this would create a lot of trouble when the project is opened in our IDE especially when the project contains layout templates linked to a window/view.

In this project we implemented a completely different way to store multiple windows/views, etc. without having to create separate files for each.

So what we did was build a SQLite database in which we are storing each windows/views and control/gadgets information. Now if the user wants to copy the project anywhere all that s/he has to do is copy one single file!! That's it!

Let me try and elaborate...

We have create 3 main tables (there are many other tables besides these):
1) WindowMaster
2) GadgetMaster
3) GadgetTypeMaster

Here actually GadgetMaster has a field which links it to WindowMaster. And GadgetTypeMaster contains all the Gadgets types that we support.

So now a user clicks on a windows/views to edit all that we do is clear the view, read the inf from DB and then add the control/gadgets dynamically.

Of course in our case we support only one single view.

Hope this idea will help you build a very powerful and useful Visual Designer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12