Simple Music Player

Share your advanced PureBasic knowledge/code with the community.
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Simple Music Player

Post by collectordave »

Just wanted a simple cross platform music player so started writing this.

It is a very simple music player currently using the ogg vorbis decode/encode.

All .ogg files are named as Artist - Title.ogg as the programme extracts the Artist name and title from the filename.

Basics are start programme add a single file or all files in a folder. These are read into a tree of Artists and titles sorted under A-Z.

Select either an artist or song letter and a listicon is filled with the available selections.

Select the songs required by checking the checkboxes in the list icon then right click and add to playlist.

Once some songs are in the playlist click the start button to play the list.

There are other functions which I will document when I am happy with it.

The database included has the songs I have currently loaded (no actual sound files) to show the selection processes. Clear the tables if you want to try it with your own .ogg files.

Any suggestions for improvement gratefully received. remember SIMPLE do no internet bits and pieces or proprietry playlist etc.

Regards

CD

PS Source code here https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrws3dl44ztsg ... r.zip?dl=0
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Re: Simple Music Player

Post by collectordave »

As you can tell from this post viewtopic.php?f=13&t=73238 I am thinking of extending the simple player to read and write ogg tags.

Now I am not a big fan of stuffing everything into one file so for cover art and lyrics I am thinking of having separate files linked through the tags. e.g. when playing an ogg file if an image filename is in the tags then it will be displayed or if there is a lyrics file then it will also be displayed.

Anyone have any other ideas for tags?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.