Modules or libarary support

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by cfriedel.

Hi. Want to thank everybody for the help so far. Thanks to you I have a prototype for a game up in less than a week! (http://www.cliffsconsult.com/game/SpaceGame.zip if you want to DL it and look at the code. Also a message in the game development about improvements). Had a question I saw in another forum but am not sure about the answer. Does PB have the ability to include self-made libraries written in PB? If so, how is this accomplished? If not, what language do you need to use to make a library for PB? I would like to modularize and reuse some of the functions I plan to use for games and building a library (rather than just making them subroutines in the current programs) seems best. If anyone can help me with this info it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. This language and the community really has been awesome.

Cliff
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by fred.

Thanks for this nice commented example a simple game !

Fred - AlphaSND
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Feel free to use it as you like. I plan to make it a lot better by the time it is all done, but I also thought it would be nice for somebody who is trying to learn the language. As for the comments, those are so I can remember what I was doing when I was writing. I am very absent-minded .

Cliff
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by wavemaker.

Your game is very good for learning sprites and that stuff -I haven't dealt with them yet-. As for the libraries, I recommend you to visit Mr. Skunk's site:

http://www.skunknet.fr.st

Ther you have a very useful PB library tutorial, libraries and links. You can code them either in ASM or C, although everybody is using ASM (I really prefer ASM to C, I find it easier now).

There are more libraries at Paul's site, but I don't recommend you to use my sources to learn, I'm new to x86 assembly and my code is, ehem, quite unoptimized (but, hey, it works!).

Feel free to ask for any help. Bye,

Juan Calderón Alonso
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Thanks. I will have to check them out. I also have an x86 assembly book packed somewhere that should be able to help. Would be nice to remember how to do low-level coding again. Been about 10 years and I am probably better just relearning rather than trying to remember what I know .

Cliff