[Self Solved] HTTP File Download with Fast Resume Capability

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
PyroStrex
User
User

[Self Solved] HTTP File Download with Fast Resume Capability

Post by PyroStrex »

So, how should i do this? I've recode the whole http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtop ... e+download, and remove some unnecessary code but still, it's too slow in initializing. Do i have another way to do this? Thanks you. I've search through the whole forum but i didn't see enough resource from there.

Looking for the source code? Here
PyroStrex wrote:Heheh, alright, i didn't actually get discouraged. Just trying to see if someone is interested.

I'am a C++ Coder before and i really love to saperate source file. Therefore, I can only post the link here. Sorry.
http://pyrostrex.sytes.net/projects/htt ... apability/

@Fangbeast:
Lol, i didn't really ask people to reply at the same day though. I only post that so people that read it next time will do something about it. But nvm
Last edited by PyroStrex on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PyroStrex
User
User

Re: [Self Solved] HTTP File Download with Fast Resume Capabi

Post by PyroStrex »

Lol, no one is trying to reply my message. I've managed to create a small downloader that will download Purebasic_Demo.exe with a very fast resume capability. Force Close the window (The big red X button) will make the downloader resume the download from the last point.

Should i post the source code for this? No reply means no interest. Anyone who would like to see the source code, Post a reply here first. This is just to see how much people interested.
epidemicz
User
User

Post by epidemicz »

I'm interested. Don't get too discouraged this place runs kinda slow at times, sadly. I wish PB had more of a following.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

epidemicz wrote:I'm interested. Don't get too discouraged this place runs kinda slow at times, sadly. I wish PB had more of a following.
Don't take this the wrong way, but...How do you arrive at the conclusion that pb doesn't have much of a following from the lack of replies???

PyroStrex expected people to reply in the same day when most people have real lives to consider and won't reply even when they are interested because they are far too busy.

I seem to remember (And only the PB team can confirm it) that pb has over 800 users (And I think that was a few years ago) and is in use in many commercial establishments. And that being said, many of those business users work all day and not at the end of a keyboard necessarily. A little patience is called for.

I've had some of my junk in use in a major, worldwide brewing firm, a computer company, police department and others. I can also reply in real time as I do not currently have work.
Amateur Radio, D-STAR/VK3HAF
PyroStrex
User
User

Post by PyroStrex »

Heheh, alright, i didn't actually get discouraged. Just trying to see if someone is interested.

I'am a C++ Coder before and i really love to saperate source file. Therefore, I can only post the link here. Sorry.
http://pyrostrex.sytes.net/basic_http_d ... bility.php

@Fangbeast:
Lol, i didn't really ask people to reply at the same day though. I only post that so people that read it next time will do something about it. But nvm
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

PyroStrex wrote:Heheh, alright, i didn't actually get discouraged. Just trying to see if someone is interested.

http://pyrostrex.sytes.net/basic_http_d ... bility.php

@Fangbeast:
Don't worry, I've had much the same responses over 9 years of PB. Current project has 0ver 889 views and only 10 responses.

A pb wizard told me that I'd get more of a response if my application were in the real world and not to expect much from fellow coders in a programming forum. He is right:):)
Amateur Radio, D-STAR/VK3HAF
epidemicz
User
User

Post by epidemicz »

Fangbeast wrote:
epidemicz wrote:I'm interested. Don't get too discouraged this place runs kinda slow at times, sadly. I wish PB had more of a following.
Don't take this the wrong way, but...How do you arrive at the conclusion that pb doesn't have much of a following from the lack of replies???

PyroStrex expected people to reply in the same day when most people have real lives to consider and won't reply even when they are interested because they are far too busy.

I seem to remember (And only the PB team can confirm it) that pb has over 800 users (And I think that was a few years ago) and is in use in many commercial establishments. And that being said, many of those business users work all day and not at the end of a keyboard necessarily. A little patience is called for.

I've had some of my junk in use in a major, worldwide brewing firm, a computer company, police department and others. I can also reply in real time as I do not currently have work.
Don't get me wrong Fang, I love PB but the cold hard truth is there are more people interested in other languages which are more "mainstream." Therefore PB doesn't have much of a following ... compared to these other languages...

For example the first random c/c++ board I found has 368 users browsing their forums..right now we have 24 on ours.

@OP: Link seems to be dead to me?
UserOfPure
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by UserOfPure »

epidemicz wrote:the first random c/c++ board I found has 368 users browsing their forums..right now we have 24 on ours
This topic has been discussed many times over. Newbies never seem to search these forums. :roll:

Anyway, it's all relative. Microsoft Visual Studio versus PureBasic? Come on, think about it a bit! Seriously. A multi-billion dollar company with advertising and 1000 developers working on it, versus PureBasic with two main coders and no advertising? Get real. Of course C/C++ has a bigger following. C/C++ has been around far longer than PureBasic too.

I think you greatly undervalue how good PureBasic is, when you consider the size of the team and the features it has.
PyroStrex
User
User

Post by PyroStrex »

Well, i'm also a C++ Coder before. Even now, i will still create projects that uses c++. I love PureBasic, i'm just starting it from the day i post my first coding question about how to skin using png. The reason why i chose PureBasic now is that PureBasic has the one thing i've been searching for a long time. That is, One EXE can do anything. I really love the way Macintosh executable are. Thats why i search for this.

Btw, isn't we going more off-topic now? :P

@Epidemicz
Lol, sorry about that, i host my website in my own computer :P
Frarth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Frarth »

PyroStrex wrote:@Epidemicz
Lol, sorry about that, i host my website in my own computer :P
Why put a link if it doesn't work?
PureBasic 5.41 LTS | Xubuntu 16.04 (x32) | Windows 7 (x64)
PyroStrex
User
User

Post by PyroStrex »

I dunno, but it works for many people. I've tried it before. I think this is because of the server is far away. I'm going to find a webhosting. I will post the link again next time.
Frarth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Frarth »

If I click on your link I get a page with the link 'Revision 1': http://pyrostrex.sytes.net/files\Basic HTTP Download with Fast Resume Capability.zip

There is a backslsh in there and maybe it also doesn't work because of spaces in the file name.
PyroStrex
User
User

Post by PyroStrex »

Frarth wrote:If I click on your link I get a page with the link 'Revision 1': http://pyrostrex.sytes.net/files\Basic HTTP Download with Fast Resume Capability.zip

There is a backslsh in there and maybe it also doesn't work because of spaces in the file name.
Owh lol, revision 2 is up and the link is not working is not because of that. I accidentally put a wrong filename :P. The link is now working hehe.
Frarth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Frarth »

Fun! Firefox doesn't seem to support spaces natively. I copied the link, then removed all %20 (spaces) and replaced %5C ('\') with '/' and then it worked!!! :roll:

Thankx!
PyroStrex
User
User

Post by PyroStrex »

heheh, any bugs, you can email it back to me. I will be there to fix it :)