Double Buffering using uxtheme.lib?

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
Justin
Addict
Addict

Re: Double Buffering using uxtheme.lib?

Post by Justin »

PyroStrex, the code you posted produces a huge flicker on the tab items, here on xp and the controls inside it redraw awfully. I have some experience with the tab control and trying to get rid of the tab item flicker is impossible at least on xp.
Justin
Addict
Addict

Post by Justin »

I forgot to say my code is just for themes disabled, you can disable the theme just for the panel gadget. With themes enabled it will always flicker because the whole gradient has to be repainted enterely even if only a small portion of it needs to be redrawn.
PyroStrex
User
User

Post by PyroStrex »

Lol.. I know Panel is the container. Anyway.. I guess there's no better way to do this to make it support to more than one windows operating system (at least for me :P). I think I should stop using PanelGadget and find another way to create a config page for my application :P. I can try to find a way to create my own PanelGadget (Tab Control). The only problem is, I don't really know how to embed the Control with GadgetList (Not the actual procedure in PB) so that I can use the CloseGadgetList() and stuff and Gadget Coding is still too hard for me since I know nothing about it. Before, I used VB.NET, It is super easy to create your own Control. But now, I know nothing because I never use Low Level to code the Controls.

srod: If you may, can you tell me where can I find an easy to understand Gadget Source that I can use with latest PB? Thanks. I've tried to search one before. But can't find anything like that. Resource that goes directly to PanelGadget coding is really good. But no force though. Just hoping you'll help me :P
srod
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by srod »

What do you mean by gadget source?

You want to create a new control from scratch? If so, no such thing as a simple source I'm afraid.
I may look like a mule, but I'm not a complete ass.