ActiveX control with COMatePlus

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
leonhardt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ActiveX control with COMatePlus

Post by leonhardt »

Hello COMatePlus experts,could you help me ?
My app host a ActiveX control ,which should be passed a license key string to keep it functional, I've searched the web first,it seems I should use "AtlAxCreateControlLic" api rather than "AtlAxCreateControl" which is used for create activex in COMatePlus, I have tried to modify the comate source code but failed, well,I am a newbie to COMate, :oops: :oops: . In VB,I will do nothing but drag the activex control to a form to finish the job. in PB how can I put a license key to my control manually?
poor English...

PureBasic & Delphi & VBA
leonhardt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: ActiveX control with COMatePlus

Post by leonhardt »

no one can help me? :cry:
poor English...

PureBasic & Delphi & VBA
srod
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by srod »

I don't think there should be any particular problem using AtlAxCreateControlLic() in place of AtlAxCreateControl() except on my system (Win 7) the function is not available through the atl.lib import library. Instead I can access it through the "atl100.dll" library file from my Windows folder. Use OpenLibrary() and create a suitable prototype for use with GetFunction() etc. Don't forget to use a p-BSTR pseudotype for the bstrLic parameter.

I haven't tested any of this mind except for testing the availability of the AtlAxCreateControlLic() function in the atl100.dll library.
I may look like a mule, but I'm not a complete ass.
leonhardt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by leonhardt »

srod wrote:I don't think there should be any particular problem using AtlAxCreateControlLic() in place of AtlAxCreateControl() except on my system (Win 7) the function is not available through the atl.lib import library. Instead I can access it through the "atl100.dll" library file from my Windows folder. Use OpenLibrary() and create a suitable prototype for use with GetFunction() etc. Don't forget to use a p-BSTR pseudotype for the bstrLic parameter.

I haven't tested any of this mind except for testing the availability of the AtlAxCreateControlLic() function in the atl100.dll library.
OK,thanks CGS(COM God Srod),I'll check this out.
poor English...

PureBasic & Delphi & VBA