d6Matcher: Online game match-making library

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
Omnius
User
User

d6Matcher: Online game match-making library

Post by Omnius »

Here’s an announcement you multiplayer game coders may find interesting…

I’m writing a MMOSG (massively multiplayer online strategy game) and in the process of doing so I’ve created a few really neat tools for online games programmers. I’ve decided to release my 'online game match-making' DLL for all to use and enjoy. Written with PureBasic of course! It’s called 'd6Matcher'. d6Macher gives the programmer (you) a suite of tools for easily broadcasting and finding game servers running anywhere on the internet. When I say easy, I mean -really easy-. Nothing for you to do but add calls in your code to the d6Matcher methods. Nothing else to setup at all. In addition to online game matching you also have easy to use 'highscore' functions that allow your game to share a highscores board with everyone playing your game. I have some other ideas for a games administration add-on and a very interesting 'tournament management' system. Even if your game is not multiplayer, d6Matcher has (will have more) tools that can make it 'feel' like multiplayer. Lots of interesting possibilities for your game.

The d6Matcher library is 99.9% complete and from my testing appears to be functioning as it should. I’ve tested the DLL with PureBasic and BlitzBasic game code and both seem to work well on WinXP. I could really use some help beta testing d6Matcher before releasing this publicly. I’d love to find a guy or two with DarkBasic and PlayBasic and maybe some non-WinXP OSs running. If you’re interesting helping test and improve this tool, please click my email link below and we’ll discuss.

Thanks for reading :)
Blade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Blade »

Too busy in these days to to proper testing, however your lib is greatly welcome and I wish to use it in the near fure! :)