PureBasic 5.70 LTS is out !

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
Bisonte
Addict
Addict

Re: PureBasic 5.70 LTS beta 2 is out !

Post by Bisonte »

KJ67 wrote:
the.weavster wrote:
the.weavster wrote:If I Compile/Run a program then click the title bar of that program's main window and while keeping my mouse button down wiggle it from side to side the IDE crashes.
I was wrong, it's not crashing it's just minimizing, I can alt-tab back to it.
Sounds like built-in Win10 with mouse gestures maybe?
Since Windows 7 we can do such things ;)
PureBasic 6.04 LTS (Windows x86/x64) | Windows10 Pro x64 | Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus | R9 5900X | 64GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 TI iChill X4 | HAF XF Evo | build by vannicom​​
English is not my native language... (I often use DeepL to translate my texts.)
Paul
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by Paul »

the.weavster wrote:
Fred wrote:For UseMySQLDatabase(), the OpenDatabase() command must be used like that:

Code: Select all

db = OpenDatabase(#PB_Any, "host=localhost port=3306 dbname=yourdb", User$, Pass$)
Could this be made to work on Linux by having libmariadb.so in the same folder as the executable? I'm thinking of a CGI on a Linux server where you don't have control over what the web host has installed, you can be pretty sure MySQL will be there but not libmariadb.so.
UseMySQLDatabase( [LibraryName$] ) ;<--- optional path to libmariadb library
Image Image
captain_skank
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by captain_skank »

FRED : UseMySQLDatabase() is the single best thing since sliced bread :)

I noticed in the comments that this was sponsered by Paul, how much sponsership would it take for secure MySql interaction ??

cheers
MrMat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by MrMat »

DontTalkToMe wrote:
MrMat wrote: but there are still a lot of scaling issues. For instance, the toolbar icons are too small
Indeed but you and everyone else should post all this in the bug forum, here this can be rightfully ignored or innocently missed.
I agree mate but it's already in the bug forum and this was a reply to Fred asking about the DPI issues a few posts above in this thread. So all bases are covered :-)
Mat
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

Paul wrote:
the.weavster wrote:
Fred wrote:For UseMySQLDatabase(), the OpenDatabase() command must be used like that:

Code: Select all

db = OpenDatabase(#PB_Any, "host=localhost port=3306 dbname=yourdb", User$, Pass$)
Could this be made to work on Linux by having libmariadb.so in the same folder as the executable? I'm thinking of a CGI on a Linux server where you don't have control over what the web host has installed, you can be pretty sure MySQL will be there but not libmariadb.so.
UseMySQLDatabase( [LibraryName$] ) ;<--- optional path to libmariadb library
If your linux comes with libmysql.so, you can use it, or you can ship the libmariadb.so with your exe.
the.weavster
Addict
Addict

Post by the.weavster »

Fred wrote:
Paul wrote:UseMySQLDatabase( [LibraryName$] ) ;<--- optional path to libmariadb library
If your linux comes with libmysql.so, you can use it, or you can ship the libmariadb.so with your exe.
Very cool :D
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

I haven't used any of the new and very impressive functions of the PB5.70 version... but I can confirm, that with Beta2 the Autocomplete popup problem is solved and my big project still runs fine. So thank you :D
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by mk-soft »

Missing Contant #PB_Database_MySQL for OpenDatabase()

I found libmariadb.dylib for MacOS and copie this file into my program folder.
But UseMySQLDatabase failt...

How to do on MacOS?
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
User_Russian
Addict
Addict

Post by User_Russian »

Fred wrote:
User_Russian wrote:All parameters are string. How to transfer a binary file using POST request?
You need to use HTTPRequestMemory().
If it is necessary to transfer a large file (many gigabytes) to the server (POST request), this function will not work for this because won’t load so much memory?
Need a method to send the data separated into several parts.
This is true for the ReceiveHTTPMemory function.
Marc56us
Addict
Addict

Post by Marc56us »

About HTTPRequest() and HTTPRequestMemory()

:idea: Wouldn't it be better to name constant #PB_HTTP_StatusCode instead of #PB_HTTP_ErrorCode?
:arrow: The reason: there is always a return message in HTTP dialog, but this message is not necessarily an error message 8)

cf: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes

All HTTP response status codes are separated into five classes (or categories). The first digit of the status code defines the class of response. The last two digits do not have any class or categorization role. There are five values for the first digit:

1xx (Informational): The request was received, continuing process
2xx (Successful): The request was successfully received, understood, and accepted
3xx (Redirection): Further action needs to be taken in order to complete the request
4xx (Client Error): The request contains bad syntax or cannot be fulfilled
5xx (Server Error): The server failed to fulfill an apparently valid request

This makes more sense (IMHO) to name it #PB_HTTP_StatusCode and since the function is not yet documented, it should be possible ?

:?: :wink:
Psychophanta
Addict
Addict

Post by Psychophanta »

Thanks.

:)
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

While world=business:world+mafia:Wend
Will never leave this forum until the absolute bugfree PB :mrgreen:
SparrowhawkMMU
User
User

Post by SparrowhawkMMU »

Marc56us wrote:About HTTPRequest() and HTTPRequestMemory()

:idea: Wouldn't it be better to name constant #PB_HTTP_StatusCode instead of #PB_HTTP_ErrorCode?
+1 It's a status code, not necessarily an error code. It would be odd to check for Error Code = 200 OK!

I have not had a chance to test this latest release yet, not will I for a few days at least, but I must say the addition of easy REST and (finally, yay!) MySQL integration are great additions.

My one issue is that macOS does not appear to be supported with regards the mariadb lib - is this the case or is there a version for Mac available? (basing this on comments above)

Anyway, as ever, thanks to the PB team and also to the sponsors for getting these feature included. :)
Last edited by SparrowhawkMMU on Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dude
Addict
Addict

Post by Dude »

Andre wrote:I haven't used any of the new and very impressive functions of the PB5.70 version... but I can confirm, that with Beta2 the Autocomplete popup problem is solved and my big project still runs fine. So thank you :D
Just wanted to say: my situation is now exactly the same as Andre's. Downloaded 5.70 and it's all working great. :)
useful
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by useful »

In 2018, the news will be?
If not, we can wait.
But I really want certainty.
Dawn will come inevitably.
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

SparrowhawkMMU wrote:
Marc56us wrote:About HTTPRequest() and HTTPRequestMemory()

+1 It's a status code, not necessarily an error code. It would be odd to check for Error Code = 200 OK!

I have not had a chance to test this latest release yet, not will I for a few days at least, but I must say the addition of easy REST and (finally, yay!) MySQL integration are great additions.

My one issue is that macOS does not appear to be supported with regards the mariadb lib - is this the case or is there a version for Mac available? (basing this on comments above)

Anyway, as ever, thanks to the PB team and also to the sponsors for getting these feature included. :)
I will change the constant from Error to Status. What do you mean by not supported on OS X ? I tried it here and it worked, could you tell me how you tested it ?