Forums update

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
Josh
Addict
Addict

Re: Forums update

Post by Josh »

Why is the phpBB logo displayed at the top of each page? This is the place where the Pb logo must be shown.
sorry for my bad english
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by mk-soft »

There are still some things missing. It's not quite finished yet!

I wish me but for the English and German forum a few more styles in black to choose from.
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
#NULL
Addict
Addict

Post by #NULL »

I have trouble with the feed in thunderbird regarding the display of font/lineheight in the posts. Could be my font/zoom settings though, but I can't figure it out.
#NULL
Addict
Addict

Post by #NULL »

#NULL wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:14 am I have trouble with the feed in thunderbird regarding the display of font/lineheight in the posts. Could be my font/zoom settings though, but I can't figure it out.
Ok works now. I had to set sizes for 'Latin' as well, not just for 'other writing systems' in
Thunderbird > Preferences > Display > Fonts & Colors > Advanced.. > 'Fonts for:'
Nituvious
Addict
Addict

Post by Nituvious »

woohoo! the forums are back online!

I'm sort of digging the new look, a nice fresh new start!
▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░
Demivec
Addict
Addict

Post by Demivec »

Honestly, with respect to board themes I am a fan of "If it looked good before why change it?"
I'm in favor of less busy interfaces, small icons, user info on the left for postings, some contrast and I tend to like the darker color schemes.

Here are some suggested themes to add:

Carbon
Rock'n Roll
ne_blackgreen
chesterblue
Pycode
PS4 Pro

I was only able to test and preview them in a limited way following the link Fred shared so they might have some limitations in their application to our forum that I'm not aware of.
IdeasVacuum
Always Here
Always Here

Post by IdeasVacuum »

Mostly a breath of fresh air - it was worth updating.

All the currently available themes are pretty similar though - All a bit too bright and white for me. Main struggle though is font size - how do we change it from indiscernible to readable?

The best for me currently is Flat Style.
IdeasVacuum
If it sounds simple, you have not grasped the complexity.
Keya
Addict
Addict

Post by Keya »

There has been at least 3 different automated spam messages since the upgrade, it seems more than coincidental. Please add some sort of captcha to forum registration that isn't a part of the regular phpBB to break the automated signups that these bots seem to be looking for.
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Post by skywalk »

Demivec wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:48 amI was only able to test and preview them in a limited way following the link Fred shared so they might have some limitations in their application to our forum that I'm not aware of.
How did you test the dark themes?
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
Marc56us
Addict
Addict

Post by Marc56us »

Keya wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:54 pm There has been at least 3 different automated spam messages since the upgrade, it seems more than coincidental. Please add some sort of captcha to forum registration that isn't a part of the regular phpBB to break the automated signups that these bots seem to be looking for.
Hi,

Was their registration date before the new forum? It is common for spammers to register in advance and not post until several days later.

If this forum has been configured with the default options, new registrants automatically go into a "Newly Registered" group and their posts are blocked until they are approved by a moderator.
They will have some message like this:
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.
But some spammers create 'generic' posts to try to get past manual moderation. That's why you should not validate them (set group to 'Default') from the first post.

:wink:
#NULL
Addict
Addict

Post by #NULL »

the position:fixed header of the default theme (without login) does not work well with anchors like links to specific posts. The header will cover the actual anchored posts so I have to scroll up every time. This is especially annoying when reading via the feed, because you have to scroll for every post to read it.
#NULL
Addict
Addict

Post by #NULL »

#NULL wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:21 pm the position:fixed header of the default theme
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/prolight/
Sticky header, can be switched on/off
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by mk-soft »

Please add Style "Prosilver Dark Edition" (German too)

Link: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... k/demo/3.2
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
Kurzer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Kurzer »

Fred,
I would not want to use the forums without the TapaTalk app. Is it possible to reinstall the TapaTalk plugin in the forum software? If you also equip the SpiderBasic forum with it, that would be really cool. I have not been able to use it with TapaTalk so far.

Thanks a lot!

Markus
PB 6.02 x64, OS: Win 7 Pro x64 & Win 11 x64, Desktopscaling: 125%, CPU: I7 6500, RAM: 16 GB, GPU: Intel Graphics HD 520, User age in 2023: 56y
"Happiness is a pet." | "Never run a changing system!"
StarBootics
Addict
Addict

Post by StarBootics »

mk-soft wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:47 pm Please add Style "Prosilver Dark Edition" (German too)

Link: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... k/demo/3.2
+1
The Stone Age did not end due to a shortage of stones !