IAccessible Interface

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

IAccessible Interface

Post by JHPJHP »

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download IAccessible Interface from My PureBasic Stuff

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcements
PureBasic Interface to OpenCV
PureBasic Interface to WinDivert
PureBasic Interface to WinRAR
PureBasic Interface to 7-Zip
PureBasic Interface to ImDisk
Windows Services & Other Stuff
Invading Space Aliens
Death Star vs Asteroids
GIF Toolkit
LSB Image Steganography
Spider Web Drawing
Deform Image: MLS
Video Snipping Tool
Chromium Edge WebGadget
IAccessible Interface
Stitch Images: SIFT
OldSkool Fire Effect
Image Waves: LUT
YouTube Player & Downloader
MP4 Player & Downloader
Large Image Viewer
Barcode Generator
Google Translate Service
Embed JS into PureBasic
Geolocation: Google Maps
Book & Viewer & Magnify
Video for Windows: VfW
Alternate Console
Network Share Management

IAccessible Interface
This example was originally created to help with my other IAccessible examples, to better understand how the interface references objects and their related hierarchy; based on code by luis.

IAccessible.pb in most cases, will currently find and identify over double the number of objects compared to other PureBasic examples.

Control Window
Enumerate Windows: Double-click item to return relevant data, F5 to refresh; optional filters to show root, visible and windows with titles.
Title / Class: Manually entered (partial text, case insensitive) or populated from Enumerate Windows (includes PID, hWnd).
Executable File: Multiple processes can be created from the same executable, this can be filtered using either the Title or Class fields.
Accessible Object: Sets the AccessibleObjectFromWindow function parameter to filter window objects by category.
Force Windows Z-Order: Keeps the original order, size and position of examined windows after Scan; does not apply to minimized windows.
Smart Scroll: Up/Down arrow keys will only scroll to items with location data, Ctrl key to bypass; opposite is true when unchecked.
Run Minimized: Starts the window scan minimized, should be faster; will auto-restore when complete, or can be restored manually.
Last edited by JHPJHP on Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 36 times in total.

STATUS: Mostly Unavailable :: Downloads moved to My PureBasic Stuff; free executables, access key required for source code.
Addict

Re: IAccessible Interface

Post by JHPJHP »

Updated:
- various improvements

Selecting a list item will draw a red box around the referenced object in the examined window, provided the data is available.
Double-clicking a list item will invoke the default action in the examined window, provided the action is supported by the IAccessible Interface.

NB*: Force Windows Z-Order was a real pain to nail down; works ok on my system, but no guarantees

Last edited by JHPJHP on Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

STATUS: Mostly Unavailable :: Downloads moved to My PureBasic Stuff; free executables, access key required for source code.
Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

Updated:
- added a sliding control window
- improved various features
- squashed a couple bugs

NB*: Currently the History list and subsequent database have not been completed.

Last edited by JHPJHP on Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

Updated:
- added window timer to detect if examined window was closed
- removed a slight flicker when the Control window was opened
- squashed a bug when choosing an Accessible Object
- patched a couple DPI issues
- made a small change to selection outline
- some minor cosmetic changes
- added additional error checking
- various other improvements

Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

Updated:
- finished history database
- numerous improvements
- squashed a couple bugs

History Database
Press the Enter key or double-click an item to return the window data. Press the Delete key on a selected item to remove the record.
The hWnd and PID fields are populated because they're still relevant while the process of a previously scanned window is open.
If a previously scanned window has been closed, make sure to clear the hWnd field before starting a new scan.

Binaries
There are two versions exactly the same, except one runs in admin mode. I noticed that in order to programmatically change the state of a third party window running in admin mode, the program making the request must also be in admin mode.

NB*: A full version demo has been included under FREE STUFF.
Last edited by JHPJHP on Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

Updated:
- Enumerate Windows
- improved z-order handling
- expanded Title / Class to accept partial, case insensitive text
- expanded Executable File to optionally use Title / Class filters
- fade-in/out select window

Enumerate Windows
Filters Updated: Root windows only, Visible root windows, and root windows with a Title.

NB*: Options are saved to the database when the control window is closed.