DB-Access with PB on MySQL and/or SQLite

Linux specific forum
Alltimefriend
New User
New User

DB-Access with PB on MySQL and/or SQLite

Post by Alltimefriend »

Hi!

I just coded a little DB-Converter from Access to MySQL on Windows at the office.

In fact that I privately only use Linux and do not have any Windows at home, I wanted to do some DB-Exercise on Linux.

I found an article in the forum where it was talked about MyODBC, and that should work on Linux.

I downloaded MyODBC 3.51 from mysql.com and configured the odbc.ini as it was described on the site. But anfortunately I always get the error "InitDatabase() is not a function, Array or Linked List".

What can be the mistake I've done? I must say, that I only took the AccessDatabase.pb and changed the ODBC-Connection-Settings.

Is there any way to connect MySQL or SQLite without ODBC, maybe with a special Library? I know that there is a libmysql.dll and sqlite.dll on Windows and that there are libraries available, but anything like that for Linux?

Greetings, ATF
Mikethebike
New User
New User

Post by Mikethebike »

Hi
I've installed the recent 3.91 beta and odcb linux drivers. the opendatabase etc is there
but I get an error on Mandrake. Could you try and pass me your results with MySQL?
thanks and regards
Michael
My Email in case: sgier@dplanet.ch
:P