More Mandrake Installation Problems

Linux specific forum
Killswitch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

More Mandrake Installation Problems

Post by Killswitch »

Hey,

I've installed Purebasic, and the upgraded IDE and everything seemed to be ok. If I type in pbcompiler into the console I get the 'Specify filename' message. However if I run Purebasic.exe nothing happens!

How can I sort this out?

I just doubled clicked on the file that you download, then copied the purebasic directory to my desktop. From there I followed the installation instructions to the letter.
~I see one problem with your reasoning: the fact is thats not a chicken~
Mowen
User
User

Post by Mowen »

If you use the command line, you have to specify the file you want to compile. Purebasic.exe is the last file compiled. If your source code does nothing, it will do nothing when you execute the exe file.
PureBasic: one of the best programming tools ever ! PB is light, easy, crossplatform, powerfull, fast, extendable, enjoyable and... tasty ;-)
John Duchek
User
User

Installation on Mandrake; Is there an IDE

Post by John Duchek »

Hi
I installed this on Mandrake 10.1 and found the CLI program. Is there an Xwindows IDE type editor for purebasic? I can't find it if it exist...how about a filename for it? Are there any enhanced Linux IDEs for pure basic? I would be interested in looking at them too!

John
John R. Duchek
St. Louis,MO
Beach
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Beach »

Take a look at the following thread regarding the new IDE for Linux (still in beta testing):

viewtopic.php?t=14327
-Beach