Linux problems..

Linux specific forum
Cyberity
User
User

Linux problems..

Post by Cyberity »

Dear Community,

I have noticed that on SliTaz linux for some reason I just can't compile any code I mean its says "[COMPILER]: Assembler Error" even to
Debug "TEST". I have checked the ./checkinstall file and its says everything is fine. I have tried to install the lastest fasm aswell still no success. Maybe its not a bug and I did something wrong but I have no clue.. I also tried older versions and I got the same result.

The OS version and either the PB is x86.
Keya
Addict
Addict

Re: Linux problems..

Post by Keya »

i havent even heard of SliTaz linux sorry but im wondering if all you need to do is apt-get install a missing package (i think sometimes in the past even when checkinstall.sh said everything was ok i still needed a couple packages to get it up and running). So i'm only guessing here! But i guess it can't hurt to install some common packages. If you just search this Linux subforum for "apt-get install" and browse through the results you mind find a winner:
http://www.purebasic.fr/english/search. ... mit=Search
Cyberity
User
User

Post by Cyberity »

Keya wrote:i havent even heard of SliTaz linux sorry but im wondering if all you need to do is apt-get install a missing package (i think sometimes in the past even when checkinstall.sh said everything was ok i still needed a couple packages to get it up and running). So i'm only guessing here! But i guess it can't hurt to install some common packages. If you just search this Linux subforum for "apt-get install" and browse through the results you mind find a winner:
http://www.purebasic.fr/english/search. ... mit=Search
Thank you for your effort!
Keya
Addict
Addict

Post by Keya »

any luck?
Cyberity
User
User

Post by Cyberity »

Keya wrote:any luck?
For some reason its doesnt work :(
chris319
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by chris319 »

Was this problem ever solved? I am having the same problem with [COMPILER] Assembler Errors on Lubuntu (Ubuntu lite) on a VMWare virtual machine. I am able to launch the IDE but it doesn't compile.
DarkDragon
Addict
Addict

Post by DarkDragon »

chris319 wrote:Was this problem ever solved? I am having the same problem with [COMPILER] Assembler Errors on Lubuntu (Ubuntu lite) on a VMWare virtual machine. I am able to launch the IDE but it doesn't compile.
Did you already try the checkinstall script as described above?
bye,
Daniel
chris319
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by chris319 »

I'll try it, but note that the guy who posted that said he ran checkinstall and it said all was well, and he was still getting assembler errors. He never did report that the problem was solved.
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by mk-soft »

My Base for Purebasic development
For MacOS Parallels Tools and Purebasic
---------------------------------------
sudo apt-get install build-essential gcc g++

Purebasic
---------
sudo apt-get install libxxf86vm-dev libxine2-dev unixodbc-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsdl2-dev

sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev libgtk-3-dev libwebkitgtk-dev libwebkitgtk-3.0-dev libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev

Subsystem qt
------------
sudo apt-get install qtbase5-dev qttools5-dev qtmultimedia5-dev qtdeclarative5-dev libqt5svg5-dev libqt5webkit5-dev libqt5multimedia5-plugins

PB-Editor
---------
sudo apt install libcanberra-gtk-module
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
DarkDragon
Addict
Addict

Post by DarkDragon »

chris319 wrote:I'll try it, but note that the guy who posted that said he ran checkinstall and it said all was well, and he was still getting assembler errors. He never did report that the problem was solved.
But he is using some fancy linux distribution nobody has ever heard of. There could be other problems. Checkinstall usually helps finding out what is missing.
bye,
Daniel
chris319
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by chris319 »

It compiles and runs now but throws an error on AddKeyboardShortcut().
chris319
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by chris319 »

This worked. If it is so essential, can it be made a sticky post here?

I also installed the 32-bit version of Lubuntu
mk-soft wrote:My Base for Purebasic development
For MacOS Parallels Tools and Purebasic
---------------------------------------
sudo apt-get install build-essential gcc g++

Purebasic
---------
sudo apt-get install libxxf86vm-dev libxine2-dev unixodbc-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsdl2-dev

sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev libgtk-3-dev libwebkitgtk-dev libwebkitgtk-3.0-dev libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev

Subsystem qt
------------
sudo apt-get install qtbase5-dev qttools5-dev qtmultimedia5-dev qtdeclarative5-dev libqt5svg5-dev libqt5webkit5-dev libqt5multimedia5-plugins

PB-Editor
---------
sudo apt install libcanberra-gtk-module