Execution problems of QT5 binaries between distributions

Linux specific forum
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Execution problems of QT5 binaries between distributions

Post by Bitblazer »

I created Linux x64 binaries using PureBasic 5.70 beta3 x64 on Ubuntu 18.10 with the target system qt. After installing qt5 on Zorin linux 64bit, i get the following binding errors when i try to run the binaries:

Code: Select all

./guiclient: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5' not found (required by ./guiclient)
./guiclient: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Gui.so.5: version `Qt_5' not found (required by ./guiclient)
./guiclient: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Widgets.so.5: version `Qt_5' not found (required by ./guiclient)
It seems like the qt5 installation uses different library name prependings. Is this a PureBasic 5.70 Beta Problem or was the prepending changed with the latest QT5 version?
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All
ccode
User
User

Re: Execution problems of QT5 binaries between distributions

Post by ccode »

Hello Bitblazer !

I think you have a too old Qt version installed.
The standard version under Zorin should be version 5.5.1.
And this is too old.
What does the "qmake-qt5 --version" say?
If your installed libraries are too old, it is best to create a .deb file with all required Qt libraries on Ubuntu. You can then install them under Zorin.
What does the program ldd ./guiclient say?
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

Thanks. It works now and it made me add the QT version display to my little tool

ccode
User
User

Post by ccode »

Hello Bitblazer,

does your program work with Qt 5.5.1?
Or is that just a wrong Qt version output (normal installed (apt-get) Qt version) and your program actually uses a newer version (at least in part)?
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

Yes the software works with QT 5.5.1 thanks to purebasic 5.70 beta3 and The Qt Company. The QT version displayed is taken from the first line of the qtdiag output, most other tabs use lshw and some linux versions require a bit of extra work ;)

The GPU info actually works but only for nvidia so far. The linux GUI version uses the QT version installed by qt-unified-linux-x64-3.0.5-online.run.