PB 5.70 Almost Working

Linux specific forum
davebar
User
User

PB 5.70 Almost Working

Post by davebar »

Having battled through dependency hell, I now have PB 5.70 installed and almost working on a new KDE box.
I have abandoned the idea of trying to start PB from launch.sh because the terminal run error messages are endless.
The PB IDE appears to fire up OK when started from the executable in the compiler directory, but attempting to run any of the included examples produces exactly the same Compile Warning:

Waiting for executable to start...
Executable type: Linux - x64 (64bit, Unicode)
Executable started.
[WARNING] Gadget.pb (Line: 1)
[WARNING] GLib-GIO (DEBUG): _g_io_module_get_default: Found default implementation gvfs (GDaemonVfs) for â??gio-vfsâ??
The Program execution has finished.

Why a warning is generated for (Line: 1) is a mystery because all the included code examples start with nothing more than a single remark (ie. a ; semicolon) on line 1.
Does anyone have an idea what might cause the second "GLib-GIO" warning to be generated?

Any thoughts or pointers would be welcome.
Saboteur
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PB 5.70 Almost Working

Post by Saboteur »

Have you tried to change the source file codification and test? utf-8, latin, etc...
An assembler compiler gave me errors for this, maybe you could rule out this kind of problem, maybe not.
[:: PB Registered ::]

Win10 Intel core i5-3330 8GB RAM Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PB 5.70 Almost Working

Post by Bitblazer »

As a general remark after many years of developing - dont let it discourage you right away if you get an unbelievable amount of linking errors. Since computer software is sometimes extremely hierarchically dependant, it often does'nt mean as much as it seems. I have seen people regularly get totally discouraged by something simple, due to this. Then you look closer and fix the first problem and suddenly the amount of errors massively drops. You really have to look closer at what the first few problem(s) are.
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All