Linux specific forum
Inner
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by Inner »

viewtopic.php?t=13775

BTW: this was finshed LONG ago. :)

latest update is

0.4 - Fixed: License, was the incorrect one.

Fixed: src_scintilla.pb missing argument with flags that appeared in 0.2

Fixed: huge bug since 0.1 with the install command for make.

Added: support for GTK1, default is still GTK2, read docs for more info.

http://athecks.com/~inner/pbscintillav0.4.tgz (1.7mb)

note:
!- gtk1

cp pbscintilla/bin/gtk1/scintilla /usr/share/purebasic/purelibraries
cp pbscintilla/bin/scintilla.res /usr/share/purebasic/residents

!- gtk2

cp pbscintilla/bin/gtk2/scintilla /usr/share/purebasic/subsystems/gtk2/purelibraries
cp pbscintilla/bin/scintilla.res /usr/share/purebasic/residents

Have fun :)

The_Pharao
User
User

Post by The_Pharao »

hey inner, i downloaded and tried it. copmiles fine, but i can't run the server!
why the heck does an editor need a server? :cry:

when i start the eden_server program from console it says "memory access violation" and quits. and then of course the editor can't find the server.
a recompile of the server did not help :cry:

any suggestions? or can i cut out the server connection code off the editor code? what is the server for? i need this editor baadly :cry: :cry: :cry:

Epic Space Battles: Solar*Conflict - 3D Shoot'em up: UFO Onslaught! 3d
Inner
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by Inner »

The server is mandatory, without it you cannot compile code from within the editor itself, wait a second I only posted a "picture of it!", Eden that is, which means you've been snooping in my html! *coff* naughty!, that archive is only for 'alpha' testers, but since you asked . :x

The reason this style was used was because, if you think about it long enough it will come abundantly clear, all compilers output there debug infomation by default to a "terminal", I had a thread in the editor but for some reason popen() or something was locking down the editor while output was being pushed towards the output window, so to completely avoid this the server was brought out of the future development process to fix and issuse in the present because no other options could be thought of at the time, and I still can't, the alpha tester(s) of the editor that get regular updates and fixes, have not experanced any memory voilations while running the server.

I've diliberately kept my editor out of the public forum for a reason, and that reason is, I don't deam it fit for public consumption no matter how usable it might be right now, I'm even hesitant to release a 0.1b when I get out of alpha state, as I have very strict guidelines for releasing software, the other reason why I've not released that code is because it has comments (personal) ones that I've made in the README file that others might very well take office too.

The other reason I have not mentioned it in the forum is I wish to keep Eden out of the PureBasic forum as much as I can, because it isn't right to wave Eden about in the PureBasic forum using up Fred's bandwidth and me getting a free ride in the process, instead I shall look for my own forum to for Eden to exist on, which might likely be a mailing list.

http://inner.8.forumer.com/index.php - there one forum set up ;)
The_Pharao
User
User

Post by The_Pharao »

Inner wrote:The server is mandatory, without it you cannot compile code from within the editor itself, wait a second I only posted a "picture of it!", Eden that is, which means you've been snooping in my html! *coff* naughty!, that archive is only for 'alpha' testers, but since you asked . :x
oh no, i didn't know it was a secret project :shock:
really Inner, i did not snoop your html, i found a link to the /edit/ 13a /edit/ eden in the german forum and just took a look at it. i didn't know i wasn't supposed to download it :?
Inner wrote:The reason this style was used was because, if you think about it long enough it will come abundantly clear, all compilers output there debug infomation by default to a "terminal", I had a thread in the editor but for some reason popen() or something was locking down the editor while output was being pushed towards the output w so to completely avoid this the server was brought out of the future development process to fix and issuse in the present because no other options could be thought of at the time, and I still can't, the alpha tester(s) of the editor that get regular updates and fixes, have not experanced any memory voilations while running the server.
would be piping the compiler output with > to a text file and then polling the text file from the editor a good idea?
anyway, for the server crash, i'm using a 2.6.11 kernel.

Inner wrote:I've diliberately kept my editor out of the public forum for a reason, and that reason is, I don't deam it fit for public consumption no matter how usable it might be right now, I'm even hesitant to release a 0.1b when I get out of alpha state, as I have very strict guidelines for releasing software, the other reason why I've not released that code is because it has comments (personal) ones that I've made in the README file that others might very well take office too.
again, i didn't know about that. i saw the link in the other forum and thought "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! coding pb under linux! finally!!!"
you should know there are a lot of guys waiting for an editor like eden :)
Inner wrote:The other reason I have not mentioned it in the forum is I wish to keep Eden out of the PureBasic forum as much as I can, because it isn't right to wave Eden about in the PureBasic forum using up Fred's bandwidth and me getting a free ride in the process, instead I shall look for my own forum to for Eden to exist on, which might likely be a mailing list.
oh, you did mention it in some way as you posted your screenshot. and the news spread like a wildfire :D

anyway, i'll see if i can nail down the memory violation by the server and contact you by pm or mail if any success.

again sorry for "snooping", it isn't my fault :roll: :wink:

/edit/
nevermind, and sorry for any inconvenience i may have caused.
i just had to put it into the right directory AND run it from command line... i tried both, but not at the same time.
please announce when a release for the public is ready, because there is really still a lot of work to do :oops:

Epic Space Battles: Solar*Conflict - 3D Shoot'em up: UFO Onslaught! 3d
Inner
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by Inner »

The_Pharao: appologie accepted, it wasn't the fact that you downloaded it that annoyed me, I guess after sleeping on the matter, the point that annoyed me the most was, an end user had a problem that I didn't know about, that I couldn't help with. it's not a secret at all, it's me trying to keep people safe, from from me :lol: and my coding mishaps.

Your a good sort and I respect the fact of your appologie greatly :)

Anyone can still get regular updates all you need do is log onto as said previously forum, or email me at tjroughton@clear.net.nz and the new url will be posted on the forum (eden's forum) or emailed directly to you.

And I am aware of the great demarned, though the demarned be great, so does the responsibility in getting it right become greater still, and when I say 'getting it right' I don't mean visually but stable as rock, something that is always dependable on. for example, if I turn off my PC and eden doesn't keep running then I've got a problem :) LOL