how to get the Linux version?

Linux specific forum
MadMax
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

how to get the Linux version?

Post by MadMax »

Sent an email to support, but I don't seem to get an answer. I'm not sure what the registration mail is, so I sent the one I got saying hi, and sending me the links to download PB when I bought it.

Maybe I'm being a bit impacient, but I soon start work, and won't be able to program for a long time, and I realy wanted to spend these few days I have left coding a bit. :( :cry:
Shannara
Addict
Addict

Post by Shannara »

Heh, you may have the problem I have. My whole ISP is blacklisted by Fred's ISP for some odd reason. So my emails never got through. Sent the last one in from a different "ISP" yesterday, still awaiting a reply.

Also, my "registration" email was just an email that sent a "thanks" and the links to the downloads, no serials, no nothing else :D So we'll see... Just wait, Fred will probably reply to this post too :)
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

@both: if there is something wrong with the email, feel free to contact me per email with your details. I will try to help out (and do some work for Fred... :wink:)
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)
Shannara
Addict
Addict

Post by Shannara »

What details? Lol, when I registered (And the same with others, I heard), we were given no details besides the "thank you" email, that contains the links to download the files (win and linux versions), and that was it.. no details really.
Master C
New User
New User

Post by Master C »

@Shannara: I was asked for my name and my adress. I think, these are the details which you have to send to Andre or Fred.

@MadMax: I sent an e-mail to Fred an got no answer, too. Then I sent an e-mail to Andre and got my Link in 3 hours :)
MadMax
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by MadMax »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
well finaly got it. hehe

but now I have a problem, I installed it but i get the following message when I try to run a sample

Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified

I recently installed, the envidia drivers, maybe that's upset something, any ideas?
Shannara
Addict
Addict

Post by Shannara »

Thanks for the info :) I remembered being asked who Purebasic were to be registered to, and maybe address when I purchased PB, but that must of been on the online order form.
MadMax
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by MadMax »

well , that's sorted (more or less). though I can't seem to be able to start the 3d engine, the rest works fine. :D
Christian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Christian »

Try to copy your 3DEngine.so in the source-directory (so in this case it /purebasic/examples/sources) and compile again. Perhaps it works ... apart from that you should take a look into this topic ...

viewtopic.php?t=8956

Good luck!

best regards,
Christian
dmoc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by dmoc »

See my posting in the bugs section: viewtopic.php?t=8956
Shannara
Addict
Addict

Post by Shannara »

@Master C, I'll let you know when I have recieved it. :D
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

@Shannara: you should have it already... :wink:
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)
Shannara
Addict
Addict

Post by Shannara »

Yep I do, whoo hooo! :) Thank ye kindly :D
Holly
User
User

Post by Holly »

How long does it normally take to get a response from support@purebasic.com? I requested the latest Linux version 2 days ago and haven't heard back. I see Fred replying on the forum today so I'm wondering if my email was received. This is the version that I've been waiting for and am quite anxious. Thanks.

Holly Wagner
hc.wag@verizon.net
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

Hello Holly,

you contacted also me yesterday and I replied with your personal download link. But I got a mail "Mail delivery failed" error.

I've replied to your mail you sent via the forum, but there is missing the '.' in your mail address. Today I noticed this and you will get a new email next minutes....
Bye,
...André