Pic box and Rich Edit gadget?

Linux specific forum
Shannara
Addict
Addict

Pic box and Rich Edit gadget?

Post by Shannara »

Is there an "Imagebox, picturebox" and rich edit control for linux's PB? I think I'm still searching.... :)
Christian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Christian »

So a ImageGadget is not there, but you have the EditorGadget() for editcontroll.

regards,
Christian
Paul
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by Paul »

Both ImageGadget and ButtonImageGadget work fine here (as long as you use Bitmaps since ICO is not supported)

Is that what you mean by "Imagebox, picturebox" ?
Image Image
Shannara
Addict
Addict

Post by Shannara »

Yeppers, that's what I mean :) My apologies :) So an editorgadget eh? I'll have to do some research to figure out what the heck that is.

Ode to me to open my big mouth :) According to the PB docs, there is no ImageGadget for PB Linux. Nor is there an ImageButton gadget. However, I am looking at the help file for PB Windows, and Linux is not listed for both of those gadgets.
fsw
Addict
Addict

Re: Pic box and Rich Edit gadget?

Post by fsw »

Shannara wrote:Is there a... rich edit control for linux's PB? I think I'm still searching.... :)
The EditorGadget is supposedly a GTK Editor Control.
Don't know if you can work with RTF files with it without parsing your rtf text.

RichEdit under Linux :?:

Maybe it's worth to look into the SDLRTF lib.
Shannara
Addict
Addict

Post by Shannara »

Well, right now I have some VB code that will take a string full of IRC color codes(forground only) and styles (bold, underline, cross-out) and will render it into a rich edit box (by translating the irc color codes & styles into RTF). I am looking to do something similar with PB in Linux. SDLRTF? I'll look it up :)