PLATOO! A tiro skeet game (Demo)

Advanced game related topics
SERGIO_ManOwaR_
New User
New User

PLATOO! A tiro skeet game (Demo)

Post by SERGIO_ManOwaR_ »

Hi everybody, i'm new to purebasic and i like it so it's next step to register here and start sharing stuff.
I've been coding for yabasic all this years until i gived a try to purebasic. Some of my previous work with yabasic can be found at this forum: http://www.dbfinteractive.com/forum/ind ... board=25.0
and now it's time to step over purebasic.

First i will like to share this little demo of a game that i've been developing at the same time learning languaje... so it's simple and probably if i want to continue it i will start from zero.
I'ts a game of shooting skeet.

I've also posted this topic at dbfinteractiveforum so just copy/paste info relative to game:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
...Unfortunately i've lost latest versions and source code so i decided to share the latest .exe i have from the game, before to start building levels and objectives and even before i got a clear idea of what to do with this game.
It basically consist in the main loop where you can shoot skeets until out of ammo in a few random escenaries.
No objetives nor game progression sadly, but you can beat the hi score for each escenary and records will be saved to file.

Controls are mouse/keyboard or gamepad. If default gamepad controls don't satisfy you can edit the joystick pressing [J] in game. (Changes will be saved to file and loaded automatically next time if gamepad plugged)

Let's go for the important INFO:

OPTIONS:
* Languajes: You can choose SPANISH/ENGLISH at the very first screen of the game. Result will be saved to file.
* Controls: You can use mouse/keyboard or a gamepad. If you want to use gamepad plugg it before game or
change escenary to autodetect. Move analog sticks to all directions before play to detect the sticks's limits.
Personalice joystick pressing [J]. Changes will be saved to file.

CONTROLS:
* IN GAME:
-MOUSE LEFT=SHOT
-MOUSE RIGHT=RELOAD
-[INTRO]=PAUSE
-[ESC]=EXIT GAME/REPLAY
-[C]=Continue (to next random escenary)
-[W]=Watch instant replay (after play)
-[R]=Repeat current escenary
-[1],[2]=Select spanish/english in real time
You can delete a record after beated it [H], also you can delete the records.dat file and all records will be
cleared

* Windows 32 bit (it may work on 64 bit or maybe not i dunno)

PERFORMANCE:
* Game intended to run at 60 FPS. You can chek FPS by pressing [RIGHT CAPS]+[F]
* Resolution: It works in 600*400. If your screen doesn't support will auto switch to standard 640*480

FEATURES:
* Give it a try!! I think it's nice game, simple and effective.
* Included some awesome .wav tunes from movies and shows probably well knowed.
* Any changes on config, controls or records will be saved to same folder attached to .exe so i suggest to keep
PLATOO.exe in a folder.

PROBLEMS RESOLUTION:
* WARNING! Suspend pc or exit fullscreen mode may cause game crash or stucked. If you can't return to
fullscreen mode you probably need to terminate .exe [CTRL]+[CAPS]+[ESC] I've tryed to follow instructions of
purebasic about this but at the moment i don't know how to do it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's an .exe, yes. Run it at your own risk. Those of you too scared to open an .exe please be nice and
wait for any other user to try it and post coments about it then run it safely.
Game will open fullscreen at 600x400 resolution or 640x480 if not supported.
Press [ESC] to exit game.
Remember if any problem or compatibility make game crash or stuck press [CTRL]+[CAPS]+[ESC] then terminate the .exe manually.

Ok that's all for the moment!! So excited to read comments about what you think and sorry not sharing sources at the moment, i will do it in future without any doubt just like i'm sharing my old yabasic sourcecodes
falsam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PLATOO! A tiro skeet game (Demo)

Post by falsam »

SERGIO_ManOwaR_ wrote:It's an .exe, yes.
And this is your first message.
SERGIO_ManOwaR_ wrote:Run it at your own risk.
Hummmm .... no.

➽ Windows 11 64-bit - PB 6.0 x64 - AMD Ryzen 7 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti

Sorry for my bad english and the Dunning–Kruger effect.
SERGIO_ManOwaR_
New User
New User

falsam you forgot to quote "Those of you too scared to open an .exe please be nice and
wait for any other user to try it and post coments about it then run it safely" that was written precisely for people like you, too coward to open an .exe but also too idiot to believe that all people are as idiot as you are since if i was some evil i will do that exactly:make some posts before publish and .exe and try to gain some confidence then BOOM yo're f****d haha. Anyway you can't resist yourself to sniff in here and post your shameless fear when i explicit said that people scared like you should wait to any other user download and try it before. Ridiculous arguments like "I'ts your first post" only shows your cowardness since there is always a first post for any forum and by the way i gived a link from another forum where i've published several source codes. People like you shouldn't be in coding forums.
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

SERGIO_ManOwaR_

Your first post states that you are excited about comments, but the first comment you get, just because it is not flattering, you go off on one of our respected forum members.

You kept referring to "being scared", like that is a thing, but its common sense not to execute a program from an unknown source. Even if a virus scanner tags your executable as safe, zero-day virus' concerns are not to be taken lightly.

Anyone who has the nerve to post the nonsense you did will obviously mistake this post as an insult.
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

It's legitimate to ask who you are before executing any exe on our computer. Any good programmer know that, it's not a "if you are too scared" thing, it's common sense. I removed the link from your first post, please adapt your behaviour, thank you.
SERGIO_ManOwaR_
New User
New User

JHPJHP yes i'm excited about comments about my game not comments showing how chickens they are. Sure it's common sense not open non trustable sources but making several posts before publishing doesn't make it trustable. That's ridiculous. Didn't know this forum has so many idiots.
fred "It's legitimate to ask who you are before executing any exe on our computer"
Does anybody has asked? The only thing i see it's people pooping on pants for an .exe compiled with purebasic.
If any wants to know who am i i've posted a link from the forum where i've been posting stuff before purebasic also got my youtube channel with a couple games published (in yabasic) and future purebasic stuff will be uploaded there aswell
but i repeat nothing makes it trustable anyway.
Nobody even proposed solutions or asked proofs like recording a video of the .exe or such... just chicken around.
You people stink, thats how you make purebasic grow...
THANKS FOR THE WELCOME TO YOUR STINKY FORUM!
SERGIO_ManOwaR_
New User
New User

Now you can BAN! That's probably the best some people here can do instead of coding... and the best that may happen to me... seein' your wonderful welcome
walbus
Addict
Addict

Post by walbus »

SERGIO_ManOwaR_

We want you not, we want your games not, we want absolutely nothing from you !
SERGIO_ManOwaR_
New User
New User

walbus wrote:SERGIO_ManOwaR_

We want you not, we want your games not, we want absolutely nothing from you !
Actually, that's how an ignorant talks.
walbus
Addict
Addict

Post by walbus »

Are you drunk ?
SERGIO_ManOwaR_
New User
New User

walbus wrote:Are you drunk ?
Drunk people like you use to think any other is a drunk too, but not me
walbus
Addict
Addict

Post by walbus »

You are a child !
SERGIO_ManOwaR_
New User
New User

walbus wrote:You are a child !
sir i'm not a child i'm 42 years old. Probably the child it's you or at lest your childish manners are, first, believing that your words represents the hole purebasic forum ("WE dont want you WE dont want your games" etc etc) second, asking me if i'm drunk when i'm not and just defending myself and third accusing me of been a child when i'm not so you can't prove it.
So, i'm not drunk, i'm not a child and YOU ARE PROVED IGNORANT
walbus
Addict
Addict

Post by walbus »

You are a child !

Finished
SERGIO_ManOwaR_
New User
New User

walbus wrote:You are a child !

Finished
When i'm telling i'm 42 years old and you keep saying i'm a child you reinforce my proofs on how ignorant you are sir, keep showing to all.