It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:49 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: A list of 4 largest worldwide Skateboarding contests
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:32 pm 
New User
New User

There are more and more people of diverse ages including kids, teenagers, and older people getting interested in skateboarding. That is the major reason skateboarding communities have been greater and greater in quantity.

As a result, their communities are more required to sustain in an orderly and structured organization to offer a more completed and guaranteed practice environment to the players and meanwhile maintaining the morale of fraternity and competitive quality on a higher level. This has facilitated and boosted the sport and its relevant tournaments which concentrate on the greatness of their practice and skating skill.

Down below we are going to introduce to you 4 outstanding large skateboarding competitions taking place in the world.

World Skate Park Open

This is a competition that has been looked for the most by many skateboarding players across the world. This competition’s goal is to demonstrate to the top best skateboarders to be present in a large skate park and attempts to achieve the highest rank of the mo brilliant and incredible skateboarding performances that give the followers astonishments and excitement.

After watching them perform, we bet that some of you might have a strong intention to learn to play skateboarding to show your coolness to people around you, that would be really appreciated. And if you find it hard to choose your first skateboard as a beginner, jump to click [ Skateboard Purpose ] which will provide you with a lot of useful reviews of good skateboards in recent years.

Besides the strong competitiveness, one more highlight of this contest is its award which could be up to over one hundred thousand dollars and also preferential treatment from companies whose products are majorly related to skateboard.

Only male and female skaters with restricted age and highly professional experience. In addition, there is a link between this competition and the Olympic Skateboarding standards. It is similar to the present scheme for the upcoming Olympiad 2020 held in Japan in which their victors will apparently obtain a room in the most well-known sporting occurrence in the world.

Street League Skateboarding

The next name appearing in this list is Street League Skateboarding, aka the SLS which is also among the biggest leagues in America. Since its inception in 2010, it has developed about 25 most potential skaters who endeavor to achieve the most monumental success of all skateboarding contests across the world.

Compare to the World Skate Park Open, the distinctive skate parks used in SLS are created meticulously by the California Skateparks which appeared far and wide in the US and become a favorite one of many skaters and devotees. The community never stop expressing their excitement and surprise in every risky and incredible tricks and techniques performed by the masters in skateboarding, shaped, and bolstered by their long-term experiences with separate boards they have applied.

It has been organized for 9 years up to now and keep spreading the motivation and inspiration to the whole skateboarders’ community in the world to put more efforts to hone their techniques to the best of their capacity and be more connected with more skate-mates around their living areas.

Dew Tour

It has been given sponsorship by Mountain Dew and The Enthusiast Network (TEN). It is the proceeding for the action sports including skateboard and some other gripping sports whose feats seem to nearly disappear in this world and simultaneously disregard the center-gravity and create perfect feats with an unbelievable speed. If you are an intermediate skater, of course, it takes a long time to reach this kind of level. And we just suggest that do not to be so pressured, just relax and hang in there.

In many cases and for some skaters, the size of the deck also contributes to their progress, click skateboard deck sizes to understand better

This tournament was made public in 2004 and first held in 2005 by creating a tour in a lot of states in the USA that were picked to become main places of occurrence for all sports. In 2006, the organizing committee decided to curtail the tournament by removing some sports and making it into the presence of skateboarding and BMX display.

It then is organized by NBC since its new beginning and keeps achieving more online followers thanks to its distinction held annually compared to many other sporting competitions that are claimed to be the mainstream event.

X-Games

X-Games is known to be the most long-standing sport proceeding for skateboarding since its beginning in 1994. It has gone through more than 26 sporting proceedings occurring in summers and winters which express various rules and disciplines. Since it has been more and more prevalent among the communities in the USA and many adjacent nations, X-Games then applied more subsidiary sporting proceedings to draw more attention from the global devotees, becoming more and more prominent and is now assessed as lying in among top 5 largest adventure sports in the world in which skateboarding is the most challenging one most expected one all the time.

In spite of its prevalence, its victors do not have the entitlement to join any Olympic admittance for the worldwide larger-scaled contests due to its extreme freedom expressed in the removal of the compulsory drug checking to all competitors which is obviously a vital step in every sporting event.

See more helpful articles about skateboarding here: https://www.facebook.com/skateadvisors/

Last edited by claudineskiles on Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 3d engine
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:23 pm 
Always Here
Always Here

There are two "recent" ones:
UnionBytes Engine This is a live project, written in PB
https://www.unionbytes.de/projects/ube
https://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=57823

MP3D Engine. Abandoned? - find @ https://www.rsbasic.de/backups
https://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=43601

Others
Little 3D Engine
https://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3555

3D 2D Game Engine Full Source (does anyone have the source now?)
https://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=60921

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:45 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a 3D game engine but it is too specific to my needs to be useful for someone else. After a deep review of the Little3D engine it appear since it used the fixed rendering pipeline of OpenGL it is very limited in comparison of the today standards. So porting it to PureBasic, even if it's possible, I'm not going to do it.

@claudineskiles : What kind of 3D engine do you need ? A 3D graphic engine only or a more elaborate 3D engine that include 3D graphic and 3D physics and all related stuff ?

Best regards
StarBootics

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 3:30 pm 
Addict
Addict

Using these small 3D-engines is only useful if you want to learn about how engines work and dive really deep in.
Since the big engines like Unreal and Unity are pretty much free and have amazing tools. It's basically a waste of time and effort trying to reinvent the wheel in PureBasic. It's not only about the core engine itself but also about the tools.

If you want to use PureBasic to create games for the fun of using PureBasic. I can understand that and it's fine. But honestly you achieve much better results much quicker using Unreal or Unity or one of the other few big players.
I am using Unreal Engine now for about 2 years and i used PureBasic before for many many years. Actually still use it, but mostly for server software. For example the user account management and authentication system for our current game in development, is made with PureBasic.
But making a full game using it? No, don't bother. In my opinion Fred should drop Ogre support altogether and focus on other aspects like the network library. Also ARM support is a step in the right direction. Finally get get some server software running on raspberry pies, etc.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 3:50 pm 
Addict
Addict

Thorium wrote:
It's basically a waste of time and effort trying to reinvent the wheel in PureBasic.

If everybody would think like you, we wouldn't invent any new things. ;)

We already had rockets, why does SpaceX still try to invent new things?
We already had many car manufacturers, why Elon Musk wants to re-invent the wheel?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 5:13 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thorium wrote:
It's basically a waste of time and effort trying to reinvent the wheel in PureBasic.

You have your vision, and I respect it that being said, the main reason why I'm using PureBasic to develop a 3D game almost from scratch (I'm using the OpenGLGadget() provided by PB and I'm using SDL2 for Screen, mouse, keyboard, joystick and maybe more stuff) it's to prove once an for all that the job can be done with PureBasic whatever it takes. I have spent the last 17 years to train my self to program with PureBasic. From my perspective the waste of time will be to move to another programming language. I'm a slow learner so learning C++ or C-Sharp and become comfortable at programming as I'm with PureBasic will take years to master.

But I has to confess that I was little bit naive when I have started with PureBasic because the support of OGRE. My thought at the time was : Cool OGRE seems to be very powerful so I go ahead and start training my self with PureBasic. 17 years later I have realize that OGRE support was too restricted for my needs and using it will require to redo 90% of the job about 3D stuff not related to 3D graphics. For example a simple probing box being used for Obstacle avoidance Steering Behaviors.

So to make a long story short, I'm developing my 3D game (3D physics, 2D-3D rendering, and Artificial Intelligence) and tools with PureBasic almost from scratch. I have fun doing it so...

Best regards.
StarBootics

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 6:29 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

StarBootics wrote:
From my perspective the waste of time will be to move to another programming language. I'm a slow learner so learning C++ or C-Sharp and become comfortable at programming as I'm with PureBasic will take years to master.

From my experience I can only encourage everyone to pick up c++ for learning purposes. It has a very strict syntax, especially regarding types, and will greatly improve your understanding of programming. On advanced topics like templates you can spend years to learn. The greatest disadvantage is that it is operating on a very low level and definitely not always the best tool in the shed.
Personally, I think that if you are confident in using c++ you can use almost any language. And better than before.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 7:09 pm 
Addict
Addict

Danilo wrote:
Thorium wrote:

If everybody would think like you, we wouldn't invent any new things. ;)

We already had rockets, why does SpaceX still try to invent new things?
We already had many car manufacturers, why Elon Musk wants to re-invent the wheel?

No, not at all. SpaceX is not reinventing the wheel. Especially not worse than the solutions that are already present. It's more like trying to do something which has already been done often, is free to use is still actively developed and would take decades to even get to the same level.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 7:18 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

gnasen wrote:
From my experience I can only encourage everyone to pick up c++ for learning purposes.

I have some knowledge in C++, but I really prefer using PureBasic. I'm so confident in PureBasic that I translate C++ into PB code very easily and I don't have any performance issue doing that.

And you have apparently miss an important part, I'm using PureBasic to prove it can be done !

Best regards
StarBootics

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 12:39 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I urge Fred not to drop OGRE support as suggested, no matter how outdated. It's very useful for orienting (pun intended) yourself in 3D for the first time. It lacks the finesse of other engines perhaps, but it's no less fun to play with and still capable of a lot. And like with everything PB related, you don't have the often deterring/diverting complication of setting up all the toolchain and so forth just to try a thing. You just type a few lines... :)

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:23 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,
I think all these (abortive) attempts to make alternative 3d engines are a waste of time.
if all those skills had been used to improve Ogre integration, we'd be much further ahead today.
Ogre is a very powerful and relatively light engine, but its integration in PB is very incomplete, the code examples are too old and the documentation is very superficial. This suggests that it is outdated. But I can assure you that if a quarter of its possibilities were exploited, we would have enough to make top games.
Now, I'm the only one who's adding new features.
I understand 3d pretty well, but I don't master C at all.
I find it regrettable to see people who master C and know 3d complain, without having offered their help.
And to those who think that Fred shouldn't waste his time with 3d, I reassure them, he doesn't take care of it (as far as I know), maybe that's why the documentation is so superficial...

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 7:23 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

pf shadoko wrote:
Hi,
I think all these (abortive) attempts to make alternative 3d engines are a waste of time.
if all those skills had been used to improve Ogre integration, we'd be much further ahead today.
Ogre is a very powerful and relatively light engine, but its integration in PB is very incomplete, the code examples are too old and the documentation is very superficial. This suggests that it is outdated. But I can assure you that if a quarter of its possibilities were exploited, we would have enough to make top games.
Now, I'm the only one who's adding new features.
I understand 3d pretty well, but I don't master C at all.
I find it regrettable to see people who master C and know 3d complain, without having offered their help.
And to those who think that Fred shouldn't waste his time with 3d, I reassure them, he doesn't take care of it (as far as I know), maybe that's why the documentation is so superficial...

The main problem that I have with OGRE integration is the fact that it is closed source. And I have ask Fred about how I can help and I never get any answers. But further more Fred himself tell peoples to go with Unreal and C++ or Unity and C# if they want to make games.

So I prefer to create my own engine with PureBasic that fits my needs and don't care about the OGRE 3D engine integration anymore. And about abortive attempt, we will see if my project will be on that list ...

Best regards
StarBootics

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:58 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Obviously, if Fred doesn't answer...
what are you missing in terms of functionality?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:41 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

pf shadoko wrote:
Obviously, if Fred doesn't answer...
what are you missing in terms of functionality?

I gave up on the idea of using standard PB libraries a long time ago, so I don't know what the actual state of these libraries is and what can be done with them. So I can't answer you about that but the main problem that I had at the time I have given up on these libraries was the fact that the solution is too much integrated and "Clé en main".

If I want to use the PB 3D engine, for my needs I have to recreate a Mesh data structure, a custom Mesh loader and interfacing it with manual mesh creation. So just for the mesh I have to redo 90% of the job. Another problem, we don't have an OGRE rendering Gadget so if you need to create a Model editor for your game you will have to create an OpenGL Rendering engine and use the OpenGLGadget(). This means that you have to do 100% of the job.

And I can go on like that the entire day about these libraries. So creating my own OpenGL 3D engine from the scratch is way much funnier, much more flexible and more important I don't have to wait for someone to do something for what I need. But I agree with the fact that creating a rendering engine is time consuming and very complicated. It's not going to stop me.

Best regards.
StarBootics

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:25 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

StarBootics wrote:
the solution is too much integrated and "Clé en main".
I prefer having the key "en main" instead of having the key "dans lec naôn". But it is ever a good sport to redo the 3D functions. We ever need sportive ideas !