ISOLA (game against the computer)

Advanced game related topics
jak64
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ISOLA (game against the computer)

Post by jak64 »

Hello,
I wrote this little game to allow me to implement mouse management when you have a "Windows" screen and a "Screen" screen. I relied on the advice of venom and falsam (french forum) and Stargâte (english forum), which I thank, as well as the help included in Purebasic.

Isola, what is it?
A checkerboard of 8 squares by 8 squares. 2 characters, you and your opponent (in this case, the computer). The goal of the game, as its name suggests, is to isolate his opponent, that is to say that he will not be able to move and the game will then be over.

Rules of the game ?
You and the computer, in turn, will have to do 2 things:

1) Move to another square than the one where it is located, but only on one of the 8 squares around the character, on condition that it is neither occupied nor destroyed.
2) Destroy a square, any one, the only constraint and that it is not already destroyed nor occupied.

The winner is the one who is the first to isolate his opponent.

How to play .
After launching the game, click on the "Jouer" button to start the game. The one that starts will be chosen at random (either you or the computer).
The messages displayed at the top indicate who is playing and what to do (Move his character, destroy a square ...)

1) To choose the square where you want to move your character, just hover the mouse over the squares that turn green when the mouse passes over them, if they are around your character. Then click to move your character.

2) To destroy a square, all you have to do is move the mouse over all the available squares which turn red when the mouse passes over them. Then click to destroy the box.

Then the computer plays and so on ...

At the end of the game, after 4 seconds, the initial screen appears allowing you to restart a game.

To quit the game, click on the X in the Windows window.

It's unpretentious, it was to use mouse management with 2 types of screens, and for that, I achieved my goal.

The photos are in french forum : https://www.purebasic.fr/french/viewtop ... =2&t=18393

Link to download the game : https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code ... pSspt0pK5X

The zip file to download weighs 52 KB. The executable is in Purebasic v5.73 in 64 bits.
Otrebor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: ISOLA (game against the computer)

Post by Otrebor »

Nice game!
I lost the first match :oops:
KayBur
User
User

Post by KayBur »

Very interesting. What is the difficulty level of the game? I don't like puzzles that are too simple. If you play, then something that makes you think.
jak64
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jak64 »

The program uses a matrix that weights the value of each cell. The program does not defend itself too badly against a human but it could be improved.
KayBur
User
User

Post by KayBur »

Thanks for the clarifications. I will definitely try this game. It's very interesting to try out this kind of puzzle. Already downloading files.