Windows 11 is now supported in Win10XPE project

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Windows 11 is now supported in Win10XPE project

Post by ChrisR »

Quite off topic, but it should be of interest for developers, PC technician and advanced Windows users, here
It is good to have it on hand, on a USB key or on a HDD partition (32 MB is more than enough), in case of need to repair a computer.
It is a Windows Live, light and running in memory with a good speed. A bit like Hiren's Boot CD, for those who know, by the way, hiren's lastest version is built from this project. Or like others Linux LiveCD, but based on Windows.

Win10XPE supports Windows 10 or Windows 11 original x64 or x86 ISO sources, the original ISO's can be downloaded directly from Microsoft servers with a generated link from Tech Bench WZT , perfectly legal, without any serial number.
For info, Techbench servers were set up by Microsoft to promote Windows 10, 11

Win10XPE will help you build a lightweight desktop Windows 10 or Windows 11 Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) for performing tasks or troubleshooting a Windows OS while it is Offline or for installing a Windows OS. It can be booted via USB drive, CD-ROM, or hard disk.

Uses of WinPE:
  • Set up your hard drive and prepare it for installing a Windows OS
  • Troubleshoot problems with the OS
  • Clone or Image a Windows system and later Restore it
  • Make changes to the Windows OS, when needed
  • Perform Recovery operations
  • Recover data from unbootable devices
    And more…
  • Use and develop PureBasic tools and applications in the Win10XPE environment, therefore all in memory, with all the speed that goes with it.

Home Page and Download Win10XPE_2021-10-27 update

Win10XPE is a complete project based on Windows 10 or Windows 11 Recovery Environment with many windows features added. Based on a new Concept, its main objective is to be simple, user-friendly and to be as fast as possible. Use the many XPE plugins available to customize your build to your taste.

Note AV: By its nature, Win10XPE uses programs or applications which uses functions at the core of windows.
Some AntiVirus mark them as positive. These are false alarms.
An example with NirSoft's ProduKey to Recover lost Windows product key, 12 engines detected this file as Unsafe or Hacktool, that's not true.
You can read this blog written by the same author as ProduKey: Antivirus companies cause a big headache to small developers.
Blog written in 2009, the situation did not get any better.
It shouldn't be like that and it's really frustrating. The work of AV companies should be better.
They should be reprimanded for this, we are their customers.
I can only advise you to put an exclusion on the Win10XPE folder.

Win10XPE supports Windows 10 or Windows 11 original x64 or x86 ISO sources:
  • Windows 10 1709 (Fall Creators Update)
  • Windows 10 1803 (Spring Creators Update)
  • Windows 10 1809 (Oct 2018 Update)
  • Windows 10 1903 (May 2019 Update)
  • Windows 10 1909 (Nov 2019 Update)
  • Windows 10 20H1 (May 2020 Update)
  • Windows 10 20H2 (Oct 2020 Update)
  • Windows 11 (22000.194)
Have Fun :)
karam
New User
New User

Re: Windows 11 is now supported in Win10XPE project

Post by karam »

Hi
I was wondering if someone could help me about fixing this error about win10XPE project:

FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\AOMEI Partition Assistant\AOMEI Partition Assistant\x64\7z,2.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\ISO\Programs\AOMEI Partition Assistant\7z.dll]: The system cannot find the file specified.

I am using the latest win10XPE package downloaded from https://github.com/ChrisRfr/Win10XPE

I have downloaded win11 using download source iso option of the package. Here are the details of win11 version I am using for building the recovery toolkit:
Win11 professional build :22621

Thanks
Karam
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

Hi karam,
I don't really want to support Win10XPE here, it was just an ad here but it's really off topic on PureBasic forum.
The script was written for an earlier version of AOMEI Partition Assistant and there are a few changes in the latest version.

You can find the updated "AOMEI Partition Assistant_XPE.Script" and other updated scripts here on TenForums:
Win10XPE - Build Your Own Rescue Media [2], see post #2 and it's the best place for support too :wink:
karam
New User
New User

Post by karam »

Hi Chris

Thanks for your advice. It has worked after I updated few scripts as advised by you. Cheers