What happened to PureBasic lately?

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
Thorium
Addict
Addict

Re: What happened to PureBasic lately?

Post by Thorium »

PyroStrex wrote:Is this maybe because all of the PureBasic staff is no longer develop PureBasic full time like before?. They have their own life maybe?. Because since times flies, People getting older and got married and stuff?. It is really sad for a loyal PureBasic user like me :sad:
What are you talking about?
The development of PureBasic is very active.

It is sad for you that people develop stuff you use get married and actualy have a private life? Are you realize what you just wrote there? :shock:
srod
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by srod »

Ah no worries, Fred could juggle six wives, 25 kids and a dog to boot and also keep Purebasic ticking along nicely!

Beside's, he's French and so juggling women is second nature to him! :wink:

Me, I can't even juggle two eggs without covering myself in omelette! :)
I may look like a mule, but I'm not a complete ass.
GeoTrail
Addict
Addict

Post by GeoTrail »

srod wrote:Beside's, he's French and so juggling women is second nature to him! :wink:
No, you mean first nature, breathing comes second ;)
I Stepped On A Cornflake!!! Now I'm A Cereal Killer!
srod
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by srod »

:lol:
Perkin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Perkin »

srod wrote:Me, I can't even juggle two eggs without covering myself in omelette! :)
WOW you must be HOT. :lol:

I think most of the coders, are busy updating their projects, to make use of all the lovely new features in the latest PB versions.
%101010 = $2A = 42
utopiomania
Addict
Addict

Post by utopiomania »

@PyroStrex, nothing has happened I think. PureBasic has large German and French forums besides this one, and PB is the best in its class imho.

My concerns is that I want a similar, simple tool to program for the Android platform, and for equipment running a JVM, or .net, or apps running off a server, so I keep looking.
the.weavster
Addict
Addict

Post by the.weavster »

utopiomania wrote:My concerns is that I want a similar, simple tool to program for the Android platform, and for equipment running a JVM
If you want something cool you can use for Android and JVM then Groovy's quite groovy: http://groovy.codehaus.org/
PyroStrex
User
User

Post by PyroStrex »

Fred, I'm not complaining or anything. This is just a chit chat. I knew there is a feature in this forum called the "search" feature. Many of the topics is no longer needed to be question. I also knew that latest PureBasic is just out in about 2 week ago. But somehow, I just feel that there is no such thing as a "new user" in this forum. Even many of the third-party projects of PureBasic, I can see no new project were born. Like in C++ or C, there is always a new born project for example like NodeJS (Sorry for this) which is coded in C. Is it only because of C has many resources, PureBasic doesn't advertise itself or Is it because of the PureBasic community which is decreasing from time to time?. I'm sorry I talked about PureBasic development before. I then realized now that the community is the one that making me sad. I just wanna see more people invest their time in PureBasic as a forumer. Or is it somehow that PureBasic Users is much more interested in doing close projects?. This feeling I've had is a bit different when I went to other forum that talks about other language.

OffTopic in OffTopic Section:
If I were asked, what new features do I want in PureBasic?. I would say, Much More easier way to create my own Widgets :P
srod
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by srod »

None of us can really know the extent to which PB is being used. Many people use it at work for one thing and are hardly likely to then be posting their code in these, or any other, forums. Beside's, what the hell does it matter? If you like the language and it does what you need it to then use it. Beats the heck out of complaining I reckon.
GeoTrail
Addict
Addict

Post by GeoTrail »

I Stepped On A Cornflake!!! Now I'm A Cereal Killer!
Demivec
Addict
Addict

Post by Demivec »

PyroStrex wrote:Fred, I'm not complaining or anything. This is just a chit chat. I knew there is a feature in this forum called the "search" feature. Many of the topics is no longer needed to be question. I also knew that latest PureBasic is just out in about 2 week ago. But somehow, I just feel that there is no such thing as a "new user" in this forum. Even many of the third-party projects of PureBasic, I can see no new project were born. Like in C++ or C, there is always a new born project for example like NodeJS (Sorry for this) which is coded in C. Is it only because of C has many resources, PureBasic doesn't advertise itself or Is it because of the PureBasic community which is decreasing from time to time?. I'm sorry I talked about PureBasic development before. I then realized now that the community is the one that making me sad. I just wanna see more people invest their time in PureBasic as a forumer. Or is it somehow that PureBasic Users is much more interested in doing close projects?. This feeling I've had is a bit different when I went to other forum that talks about other language.
@PyroStrex: Improve things, post your new projects and code. :D
netmaestro
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

Post by netmaestro »

Couple factors at work here, as Fred said most of the more common questions have been answered here more than once, so someone forum-savvy and willing to dig can find answers without asking. Also, many questions that previously needed complex coding tricks to solve have been taken native with remarkable efficiency and so there is less and less work for the API gurus. As to the language's rate of development and maintenance, this one is almost without rival so there is nothing to discuss here. What I find funny is that the people who repeatedly answer questions about stuff like taking a screenshot with "Use the forum search, stupid" are now bemoaning the fact that nobody is asking anymore. Well, do you want your chance to feel superior or don't you? :lol:
BERESHEIT
PyroStrex
User
User

Post by PyroStrex »

@Demivec: My Project is not a utility for PureBasic but it is for another forum. But i will post my PureBasic knowledge if i have one. (It will be posted inside Tips and Tricks Section).

@netmaestro: What do you mean by "Well, do you want your chance to feel superior or don't you?" ? Sorry my english is not really good :P

But It was really fun creating this topic. I can now see that there's still many out there who are still active in this forum.

OffTopic:
Is there anywhere I can find gadget like bytessence Installer http://www.bytessence.com/img/products/ ... _big_1.png for PureBasic? You see the left side gadget?
Last edited by PyroStrex on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
netmaestro
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

Post by netmaestro »

@netmaestro: What do you mean by "Well, do you want your chance to feel superior or don't you?"
Don't worry about your english, I wasn't talking about you :wink:
BERESHEIT
PB
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by PB »

> the people who repeatedly answer questions about stuff like taking
> a screenshot with "Use the forum search, stupid" are now bemoaning
> the fact that nobody is asking anymore

I assume you're referring to me, because (1) I posted such an answer
in the last week, and (2) you've always been quick to fight with me.
That's okay, I can handle you, I ain't afraid of no stinking frog. ;)

Anyway, I wasn't bemoaning the fact of a lack of newbie questions.
When I said "wow, still nothing new" I meant like in the old days when
people like Mr Skunk (remember him, or was he before your time?) and
Danilo, Kale, Sparkie, Fangbeast, etc, would be posting tips and tricks
on almost a daily basis for all to use. That sort of thing just doesn't
exist anymore. These were all active, intelligent, very friendly members
here but have basically disappeared (although I suspect are lurking).
I compile using 5.31 (x86) on Win 7 Ultimate (64-bit).
"PureBasic won't be object oriented, period" - Fred.