My PureBasic Stuff

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
Kuron
Addict
Addict

Re: My PureBasic Stuff

Post by Kuron »

@JHPJHP After the nosedive this thread took, this needs saying. You, @JHPJHP, are one of our most valued and beloved members. I know the vast majority agree with me.
Best wishes to the PB community. Thank you for the memories. ♥️
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

Kuron wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:11 am @JHPJHP After the nosedive this thread took, this needs saying. You, @JHPJHP, are one of our most valued and beloved members. I know the vast majority agree with me.
++

There is a huge amount of useful sources, examples and informations on his website.

It is one of the best resources for serious purebasic users in my opinion. It is very regularly updated and has quite a wide scope, just check this thread.

The amount of work gone into this website and the resulting saved time for those with access to it, made it an obvious decision to get access.

As they say "time is money"

Just ask yourself - how serious are you about purebasic and what is your lifetime worth?
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

Hi Kuron, Bitblazer,

I very much appreciate your comments.

This forum is a funny place; there are days like today when I am humbled by the unsolicited kindness of strangers.

----------------------------

Added the following binary to the websites FREE STUFF.
- Stitch Images: SIFT

In addition, Geolocation: Google Maps was updated with numerous improvements.
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

Added the following binaries to the websites FREE STUFF.
- Chromium Edge WebGadget
- OldSkool Fire Effect
- Book & Viewer & Magnify
- Video for Windows: VfW

The four new additions mostly include demo examples with no practical use, but should be enough to determine if the source code can be useful.

NOTE: The only way I was able get most PureBasic programs to run in Window 10 without receiving a constant barrage of AV warnings, was to disable the following security option: Windows Security -> Virus & threat protection -> Manage settings -> Cloud-delivered protection.

Another thing I found useful was to clear Protection History: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\ (delete folder: Service).
chikega
User
User

Post by chikega »

Although I'm in the early stages of learning PureBasic, I think I can learn a lot by looking at your code.

I've donated :D

Cheers,

Gary
Gary E Chike DMD MS
'Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want' Image
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

Hi chikega,

Thank you for your donation.

Probably like a lot of us here, you realized the potential of PureBasic fairly quickly.
If anything, I hope the stuff I've written can assist you with your own PureBasic goals.

NB*: Your access key has been emailed; please refresh/clear your browsers cache as I have recently made some website changes.
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

JHPJHP wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:23 pmAnother thing I found useful was to clear Protection History: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\ (delete folder: Service).
I just checked and I don't have a "Service" folder in there. I wonder if I'm supposed to? I have all default anti-virus settings on Win 10 Pro.
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

Hi BarryG,

I know this is a little late, but I've not visited this forum section for quite a while.

I'm also on Window 10 Pro, and the folder is present; sorry I don't have more information than that.

It was just something I tripped across that worked for me: Unable to clear protection history manually...
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

Hi All,

It's been reported that emails I sent containing an Access Key to My PureBasic Stuff have been marked as SPAM.
If you've recently made a donation, please check your SPAM folder for the Access Key email.

In addition, the email contains a confusing section concerning licensing. Anyone who has made a donation and received a license key, please feel free to use any of the individual scripts without worry of being charged an additional licensing fee.
The condition was put there to protect against anyone trying to make a profit from the completed programs, and/or passing the work off as their own.
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

Hi All,

A while ago I sent emails to everyone who donated an updated access key, but it has come to my attention that some people didn't receive it.
If you previously had an access key, but it's not working, please send me a PM and I'll email you a working one.

In addition, access key emails were sent to everyone who previously made a donation prior to July 2020, before access keys were required.
If you previously made a donation, but didn't receive an email with an access key, please send me a PM.
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

As was previously stated, My PureBasic Stuff is back online.
While I currently have no plans of shutting it down, access to the website has always been indefinite.

In addition, I've also started My PureBasic Forum. Really, it's a forum only in name, a place for me to post information about my programming stuff. Membership is currently disabled, and I have no plans on enabling it.

Access to the source code is now $50 CAD; all previous accounts will be honored.

Please don't post to this thread as I'll be requesting (not demanding) that it be locked as well.

Thank you to all those forum members who have shown support throughout the years.