My PureBasic Stuff

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

My PureBasic Stuff

Post by JHPJHP »

Hi All,

I am now registered with a paid web service https://x10premium.com, hosting all my scripts and programs written over the years https://www.mypurebasicstuff.com.

Using Bootstrap (developed by a couple guys from Twitter), the page will auto-configure to most mobile devices, including changes between portrait and landscape.

View the site from both a smart phone and laptop to see the configuration differences.
- click a menu item or a carousel image to open a download window
- click the title in a download window to be redirected to relevant information
- click a video link in a download window to view a demo of the program (work in progress)
Last edited by JHPJHP on Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 19 times in total.
djes
Addict
Addict

Re: Website :: Bootstrap

Post by djes »

Nice and useful, as usual, thank you !
tj1010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by tj1010 »

I suck at design but have been doing web dev since HTML 3.1. Now days I just use WP and write child themes and break out python for CGI.

Pro tip: Avoid @media/"adaptive" and stick with percentages/"responsive" and float if you make layouts from scratch. You'll have to deal with far less platform bugs if you use this framework though.. Double size of bitmaps and scale down for pixel-ratio of mobiles.
The truth hurts.
djes
Addict
Addict

Post by djes »

Personally, I was using Concrete5, that was a leading CMS in terms of functionalities for years, WYSIWYG and in-place editing from the very beginning ; but with Wix, it's so easy that the interest of website development is for me really limited, except for specific needs or because it's cheaper.
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

Hi djes,

Thank you for the kudos :!:

-------------------------------------

Hi tj1010,

Thank you for the advice... for the most part @media (Media Queries) are "adaptive", but can still be used successfully in a "responsive" web design.

-------------------------------------

Website Updated:
- I will not be posting additional status updates

NB*: Make sure to Refresh the webpage a couple times after opening, otherwise you may be viewing a previously cached version.
Last edited by JHPJHP on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tj1010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by tj1010 »

JHPJHP wrote:Hi tj1010,

Thank you for the advice... for the most part @media (Media Queries) are "adaptive", but can still be used successfully in a "responsive" web design.
Float replaces the @media in the hybrid design flow. This is what Google has always used in their layout frameworks.

@media is easier though. I still use that unless I do a purely response fit design.
The truth hurts.
Lunasole
Addict
Addict

Post by Lunasole »

tj1010 wrote:I suck at design but have been doing web dev since HTML 3.1. Now days I just use WP
Well it's the easiest way to compensate ^^. I also thought about WP (as my designer taste probably is just ridiculous), but anyway finally decided to make all the stuff from scratch and even liked that :mrgreen:

Anyway here is small overview of your results from nothing to do:
1) I found those forum links from gallery somehow confusing on your page, after clicking on images it is rather expected something like enlarged version of image.
2) The other problem is that gallery just becomes a vegetable if JS disabled, as well as that fancy background animation disappears (and it also has no compatibility with some older browsers still used).

// what about mobiles I don't know, never cared about compatibility with all those one-button things, filling my lovely WWW with primitiveness :3
"W̷i̷s̷h̷i̷n̷g o̷n a s̷t̷a̷r"
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Re: My PureBasic Stuff :: Website

Post by JHPJHP »

Hi Lunasole,

Thank you for the constructive criticism.
Lunasole wrote:I found those forum links from gallery somehow confusing on your page
You and me both :) that's why I removed and replaced them (work in progress) with something less confusing :mrgreen:
Lunasole wrote:The other problem is that gallery just becomes a vegetable if JS disabled
People who have JS disabled or use an older browser should have their license to the internet revoked :P
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Re: My PureBasic Stuff :: Personal Website

Post by JHPJHP »

Hi All,

I am in the process of adding demonstration videos to My PureBasic Stuff website.

I added my first two videos, created using the Video Snipping Tool setup as a PureBasic Tool; the entire process took less then a minute for each video.

Invading Space Aliens & Death Star vs Asteroids
1. From the website; located in the top right corner of every download window is a video icon.
2. Click the icon to open and play the video.
3. Click the title in the video window to return back to the download window.

NB*: Videos not yet uploaded will display the following error message: This type of video file isn't supported.
Last edited by JHPJHP on Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Re: My PureBasic Stuff :: Personal Website

Post by JHPJHP »

Hi All,

This is just a quick note to inform anyone interested that https://www.mypurebasicstuff.com has moved from free webservices to a three year paid service plan. In addition, the site has been fitted with an SSL certificate.

NOTE: I am not sure when it started, but some of the URL links from PureBasic to https://www.mypurebasicstuff.com returned an error. Fiddling with the htaccess file fixed the problem.

NB*: The htaccess file has been updated to force redirection from HTTP traffic to HTTPS.
Last edited by JHPJHP on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

My PureBasic Stuff :: Personal Website

Post by JHPJHP »

Hi All,

My website will be down for an undetermined amount of time while I preform some maintenance.

I am currently in the process of deciding if I'm going to update my website from its donation based layout to a more strict payment design.

NB*: Unfortunately, I don't have much time to spend on the forum these days, and the option to notify me when a reply is posted does not seem to work.
Olli
Addict
Addict

Re: My PureBasic Stuff

Post by Olli »

There is a 403 error on the link << my PureBasic stuff >>.
Forbidden.

I do not have the permission to access this resource.
Kiffi
Addict
Addict

Post by Kiffi »

Olli wrote:There is a 403 error on the link
JHPJHP wrote:My website will be down for an undetermined amount of time while I preform some maintenance.
Hygge
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

@Kiffi

Ups... Thank you... This error has ever occured for me. I suppose the maintenance will probably change this...
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

Hi All,

My PureBasic Stuff is back online. The domain name has changed to mypurebasicstuff.com, but the old URL will still work.

There have been some other changes, most notably the requirement of an access key; more information can be found visiting the website and reading the welcome message.

You may need to refresh/clear your browsers cache to correctly view the latest changes.