Hi i have a good test for random numbers

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
Little John
Addict
Addict

Re: Hi i have a good test for random numbers

Post by Little John »

dan yalte wrote:look at the Law of Probability.
In mathematics, there is nothing called "Law of probability".
freak wrote:You talk a lot about results but don't have anything to show. Why not just wait and show your results when (if ever) you actually have some?
My thoughts exactly!

@dan yalte:
What are you trying to achive with your flood of words, but without providing any results :?:
freak wrote:I also recommend you read up on testing methods for pseudorandomnumber generators, there is a lot of research in that area (hint: the method you describe in your first post is not a good test for a number generator).
Yep, there is a lot of research in that area. And as you wrote, there are already serious methods for checking the quality of pseudo-random number generators. I wonder whether dan yalte knows about them at all ...
dan yalte
User
User

Post by dan yalte »

Law of probability comes from the study of gambling and is not a term in mathematics. But it is used all the time in other areas of Science. Mathematics is used to describe the real world and properties in it very cool in it's own right. Mathematics is a form if Science all on it own.

The study of gambling is tiny compared to mathematics as a whole but still interesting.
I did not say i have a better way to go for sure only that it would be very interesting to see what would happen.

I am getting a lot done but there are many rule variations so it will take time. I am on the screen where i Set all the house rules. After that are all the variables to fill and set for the seven players all of them Defined and laid out, All of which can be either real players or the Computer.

It is still a way off to do the whole thing but once i fill in the Basic Strategy tables and tie it all together i should be able to do the Simulations as such at that point. All the animation is done. But i need to finish defining the players so that i can build a control loop it will do most of the real work deciding what seats get dealt to.

I will work on the exact rule set i use locally first. The Computer players only need the Basic Strategy. As that is the main purpose of the simulator to show the player's real odd's using Basic Strategy. given a set of house rules.

I Could have been closer to done before starting all this for sure but i just thought others would also be kinda interested.

I did not think people would get so wild about the whole thing wow. There are valid points for sure. As soon as i can i will show all ok....
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

Good luck with your project. You have serious competition though with google's DeepStack
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All
Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

dan yalte wrote:Law of probability comes from the study of gambling and is not a term in mathematics. But it is used all the time in other areas of Science.
"Law of probability" is a term used by gamblers and other mathematical laymen. It is neither used in mathematics nor in other areas of science, because something like that does not exist in science. Probability theory is part of mathematics, and for creating "a good test for random numbers" profound knowledge in that area is required. Nobody with serious mathematical knowledge would use the term "Law of probability". And people with serious mathematical knowledge also know what the bell curve actually means (see freaks post above).

So you are claiming "i have a good test for random numbers", but without showing us that test or providing any other facts. Instead, you are writing a flood of words that demonstrate your lack of knowledge in that area ...