We serve vegetarians

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
Saki
Addict
Addict

Re: We serve vegetarians

Post by Saki »

Now sows have become a real nuisance.
But it is a bare man-made problem.
The reproduction rate of sows is also not so high.
They have offspring once a year.
Rabbits are quite a different caliber.
They have eaten up half of Australia.
The population today is estimated at about 7 billion living specimens.
In Australia, rabbits were infected with myxomatosis, a disease transmitted by biting flies.
It resulted in huge, unimaginable piles of corpses of rabbits which stank pitifully.
With rabbits there is the so-called superfetation.
That is, they can become pregnant again when they are already pregnant.
With a pregnancy of about one month, they are able to have offspring every 14 days.
Now, why do humans eat meat ?
Very simple, it has a very high energy content and allowed our ancestors to survive even in ice and snow.

Pure vegan diet kills.
And hamsters are very fond of eating insects of any kind. :shock:

Mice and many other rodents also eat insects or bird brood.
Squirrels, for example, are notorious nest predators.

Why there is as sample vegetarian sausage ?
Quite simply, it is extremely cheap to produce and a huge business.

Statistics are always great.
Believe every statistic and be happy. :wink:
地球上の平和
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

You are right Saki about the reprodruction ratio difference between boars and rabbits, and I am agree with you about a big superiority of the rabbit reproduction.

But, you said, also, partially : a rabbit is fragile. That is the real problem with the boar. If we just measure what a female can reproduce, sure the rabbit is a danger ! But if we measure the number of adults of a specy between an initial time and after a period of whole reproducing, the boar is a champion.

And, adult, a boar is clever and strong.

Let's imagine taking an veggie ecolo with lots of humanist ideas, who is in the forest in the area of a boar. I am in admiration of the great ideas, but the veggie, after a month, risks :
1) not to find natural vegetables the boar will destroy
2) to be killed by the boar

And after one year, after the cold, the snow and the hungry, we risk to regret to have cast a veggie in a forest with a boar. Without take the fact the boar is on the point to see a new generation growing, while the veggie is surviving to its seventeenth sepsis, having already lost three fingers when the boar was hungry in the winter. Not sure the veggie is very seducing on dating site to reproduce...

And if we add a musket and any ammunitions near the veggie for the second year, not sure the veggie, when he will discover four adult boars, instead of just one boar alone the last year, when the veggie will smell the perfume of autumn which reveals a new winter full of emotion, mh... Not sure the musket will stay to rust...

I am in admiration for the veggies, it is a very beautiful concept, I limit myself, what I eat in meat since many years (I eat meat once a month), but the theory must take care to the reality...
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

For the soy, I am curious to know the impact on the climate to get a very clean product for everybody in the world. In agricultural industries, the quality tests are in ppb (part per billion) : and I take the risk to say the soy is not successful to respect these quality tests.

Translate : remove hormonal moleculs in soy to feed all the world without allergic danger in not yet done. Plus, the global health can evoluate if we stay to say << no problem ! Not important these moleculs ! >>. The people who eat allergenic moleculs capitalize the negative impact of the moleculs, for them, and for their future generation : a body adapts the genetic set of its gamets, depending what it absorbs.

The risk is simple : one gram of soy in the mouth = the death. That is the reason the law forces to write << contains traces of ... >> (trace <=> rate < 1 part per million). Because for lots of peoples, just two or three micrograms of soy in the mouth, it is a disease which can persist any years. (exactly as a vaccine has a long term effect, the immunitary system searchs to adapt itself, in presence of specific moleculs, but attacks itself its own body for a long time).

A right way should have many sources of vegetal proteins, and, there, we can admire the price of such a diversity. That is mechanically the reasons of a maintain of animal feed.
Saki
Addict
Addict

Post by Saki »

It is good if you eat little meat.
I myself think more about the suffering of the animals.
Look, for example, smoking or binge drinking.
Both are a huge business.

Soy-based vegan milk has a sales plus of 40% in 2020.
地球上の平和
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

I think we are agree about the suffering of animals (and humans too). I observe a good evolution about this : there are those who keep, or redo the local traditions, and those, in industry, who control better than before what it is done.

And, in the progress, there are those who invent the food of the future. All stays a question of cost (and health !).

I think the future is without killing animals, but in 50, 60, 70 years or more : it is the minimal period to change without doing more disease or disaster than the real good goals wanted.
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

Saki wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:45 pmSoy-based vegan milk has a sales plus of 40% in 2020.
I do not know if you can see the brut evolution.
the.weavster
Addict
Addict

Post by the.weavster »

Eating bacon is good for you. It's a proven fact people who eat bacon are much less likely to blow themselves up :wink:
Cyllceaux
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Cyllceaux »

the.weavster wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:57 pm Eating bacon is good for you. It's a proven fact people who eat bacon are much less likely to blow themselves up :wink:
Themselves and others 8) :wink:
Saki
Addict
Addict

Post by Saki »

In any case, it is important to eat a balanced diet !

The vegan portion to this would be a beer.

地球上の平和
Mijikai
Addict
Addict

Post by Mijikai »

If we eat up 50% of the population we could probably sustain our habitat... otherwise we leave the 1%er club.
KayBur
User
User

Post by KayBur »

Saki wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:16 am In any case, it is important to eat a balanced diet !

[image]
Agree completely! Of course, eating only meat, giving up vegetables and cereals is bad, cholesterol plaques will form from excess cholesterol. But damn it, you have to be an idiot to give up grilled meat on weekends. I love pork ribs and chicken wings - I just can't imagine how you can live without it. I have a gas grill in my yard for 4 years already, and literally, 2 weeks ago I bought a Cuisinart CPG-4000 grill-smokehouse. It's fantastic!
burgos
New User
New User

Post by burgos »

KayBur wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:19 am
Saki wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:16 am In any case, it is important to eat a balanced diet !

[Image]
Agree completely! Of course, eating only meat, giving up vegetables and cereals is bad, cholesterol plaques will form from excess cholesterol. But damn it, you have to be an idiot to give up grilled meat on weekends. I love pork ribs and chicken wings - I just can't imagine how you can live without it. I have a gas grill in my yard for 4 years already, and literally, 2 weeks ago I bought a Cuisinart CPG-4000 grill-smokehouse. It's fantastic!
I totally agree... Recently my wife is kinda bumming me out about what I eat since she started eating "healthy" and expecting me to do the same but I could never give up my BBQ gatherings on weekends. By the way, this Cuisinart bad boy looks fantastic indeed, I'd like to have one around next year in my home in Portugal if my wife doesn't kill me by that time.