Take jaPBe as the official editor

Working on new editor enhancements?
wcardoso
User
User

Take jaPBe as the official editor

Post by wcardoso »

Fred, why not admit jaPBe is today the best PureBasic editor and adopt it as the official one ?. I think your editor team can take the source of jaPBe and do some changes to impove it even more, to construct the official PB editor.
I think the developer of jaPBe must be very happy if you adopt his creation as the "Official" editor and distribute it with the compiler... :wink:
with love from Uruguay
Shopro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Shopro »

err... I think wcardoso just pointed out something that everyone was too scared to point out :twisted:

-Shopro
jack
Addict
Addict

Post by jack »

my vote is keep the PbEditor, that way you have a choice :)
Berikco
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Berikco »

Shopro wrote:err... I think wcardoso just pointed out something that everyone was too scared to point out :twisted:

-Shopro
Everyone? are you sure??
This is asked before, and many people voted against this.

Why force everybody to use jaPBe? No need for this.
I need a small and fast editor. I don't need all the extras.
wcardoso
User
User

Post by wcardoso »

Sorry Beriko, but in my machine when I start PB with a project I´m working on; the time to load the file in the "official" editor took more than twice that jaPBe...and 430Kb isn´t a lot of space today :D
with love from Uruguay
Karbon
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by Karbon »

I say leave it as it is and give people a choice..
-Mitchell
Check out kBilling for all your billing software needs!
http://www.k-billing.com
Code Signing / Authenticode Certificates (Get rid of those Unknown Publisher warnings!)
http://codesigning.ksoftware.net
Berikco
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Berikco »

wcardoso wrote:Sorry Beriko, but in my machine when I start PB with a project I´m working on; the time to load the file in the "official" editor took more than twice that jaPBe...and 430Kb isn´t a lot of space today :D
Did a speak of loading a file??
Why not just say you like it, and not everybody? No need to speak for everybody, let politicians do that...

Some ppl still use Wordperfect 5.1 you know, and they work 10 times faster than M$ solutions...
thefool
Always Here
Always Here

Post by thefool »

Karbon wrote:I say leave it as it is and give people a choice..
Leave it!

I use the original pb editor, but i have the newest japbe somewhere, in case i wanted to look at it. Its good that there is a choise.
wcardoso
User
User

Post by wcardoso »

Sorry if someone don´t interpret me, my intention isn´t kill other editor options, but improve the official releases with the best options available in the forum today. I think this is the intention of Fred too when change some command or include new ones in the compiler, unless someone think lo leave the compiles "as is" forever. 8O
with love from Uruguay
eddy
Addict
Addict

Post by eddy »

I prefer Fred IDE

I use Japbe when my project use Ressource (e.g. for screensaver)
Imagewin10 x64 5.72 | IDE | PB plugin | Tools | Sprite | JSON | visual tool
ricardo
Addict
Addict

Post by ricardo »

Yes, no one can talk for everyone, but in the other hand we can't have the eyes closed and not notice that JaPBe have a high ranking in users preferences.

I hope 'rivality' dont play any role here, because i think that at least the PB editor could integrate many of the JaPBe features/ideas... the best choice i think, is integrate GPI as a part of the team of the PB editor.

In my opinion, El_Choni's lib maker should be another tool that could be part of the official PB package.
ARGENTINA WORLD CHAMPION
Karbon
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by Karbon »

Perhaps you guys should start an "official addon" package that registered PB users can get. Include Tailbite, jaPBE, perhaps some other useful utilities from reputable people..
-Mitchell
Check out kBilling for all your billing software needs!
http://www.k-billing.com
Code Signing / Authenticode Certificates (Get rid of those Unknown Publisher warnings!)
http://codesigning.ksoftware.net
thefool
Always Here
Always Here

Post by thefool »

@karbon:

That sounds like a great idea..
Berikco
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Berikco »

ricardo wrote:Yes, no one can talk for everyone, but in the other hand we can't have the eyes closed ....
"We" is again for more than one :)
ricardo wrote: I hope 'rivality' dont play any role here, because i think that at least the PB editor could integrate many of the JaPBe features/ideas... the best choice i think, is integrate GPI as a part of the team of the PB editor.

In my opinion, El_Choni's lib maker should be another tool that could be part of the official PB package.
You sound like Bill Gates..I put all in one package...kill competition..
Don't you see its just fine as it is now...

GPI can develop JaPBe just as he wants, i know he had very much joy in doing this.

El_Choni's Tailbite, why should it be in the official package?? Let him work on it in his own way...

Why you want to put all nice software out there in the package??

I don't see a reason why we dont' put Purevision also in it, this is also great professional software.

And lets put PBDev also in the package, Edwin is also a very skilled developer....
thefool
Always Here
Always Here

Post by thefool »

Berikco wrote:
ricardo wrote:I don't see a reason why we dont' put Purevision also in it, this is also great professional software.

And lets put PBDev also in the package, Edwin is also a very skilled developer....

Hey good idea!! 8)

(nah just joking. I see your point)