[IDE 46b3] - How does ToolsPanel - Variables work?

Working on new editor enhancements?
skywalk
Addict
Addict

[IDE 46b3] - How does ToolsPanel - Variables work?

Post by skywalk »

I was hoping to limit the variables displayed in the Variables Toolpanel to only the current source.
But, it seems to only show Globals and sometimes random variables in Procedure(parameters).

Ideally, I could select the variable and the IDE would place the cursor at its 1st Define or Protected or Global statement.
Another option would be to limit the display to just a Procedure.
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
Zach
Addict
Addict

Re: [IDE 46b3] - How does ToolsPanel - Variables work?

Post by Zach »

I actually just requested some of those things in my IDE thread in the requests forum.

I am confused at the current behavior, as to why doubleclicking on a variable name, etc inserts it into your current line, as opposed to jumping to its first reference in the project/file like the Procedure Tab will do. It would be nice if all the "Viewer" Tabs would function that way and jump to what I select..

When I want to call a Procedure, or use a Variable, naturally I just type it out with the rest of my code, and use Auto-Complete for help if I need it... Does anyone else actually use the Tools Panel to insert Variables/Procedures/things into code? It would be nice to have an option to change it imho.

As for your other question(s): I see some configuration options in Preferences->Tools Panel, when I select the individual "available" Tools. Like the Variable Viewer, it has options for what variables to show.. "the current source only", "the current Project (if any)", "the current project or all files (if none)", "all open files"..

Surely "current source only", will do what you want?

Also I'm not seeing the spotty variable listing behavior you mentioned? When I look through my constants, procedures, variables, etc.. They all seem to show up fine.