Is there a way to turn off the View Differences?

Working on new editor enhancements?
yrreti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is there a way to turn off the View Differences?

Post by yrreti »

Like the title says. Is there a way to turn off the 'View Differences Reload Cancel' box ?
I have this tool code that adds the date and time to the first part of the source when ever I
save the code. It always worked fine with PB4.5. But after upgrading to PB4.6, I always
get this question box, and it's very irritating. I don't know what was changed? I have the tool
triggered on Sourcecode saved, with args "%File" "%TEMPFILE" and Wait until tool quits.
With 4.5, my tool added the date and time before saving it, and then reloaded it in the editor.
With 4.6, it does the same, except it doesn't reload it back to the editor.
It gives that unwanted question box! first. I have tried Reload Source after tool quits into
current source, and it lock up and I have to use the task manager to kill the whole editor.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Trond
Always Here
Always Here

Re: Is there a way to turn off the View Differences?

Post by Trond »

I think there is a checkbox somewhere in the preferences. Automatically detect when a file is changed on disk or something.
c4s
Addict
Addict

Post by c4s »

Trond wrote:I think there is a checkbox somewhere in the preferences. Automatically detect when a file is changed on disk or something.
Yep, it's the first option in the "Editor" part of the preferences.
If any of you native English speakers have any suggestions for the above text, please let me know (via PM). Thanks!
yrreti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by yrreti »

Thank you very much Tron and c4s.
That took care of it. The thing that puzzled me though, is that I didn't make any changes when I installed 4.6.
I did install 4.6 over 4.5 though, and I probably shouldn't have.
But I sure am happy to be back to normal and working again.

Thanks much :D :D :D