Question on Session History and "Compare changes"

Working on new editor enhancements?
c4s
Addict
Addict

Question on Session History and "Compare changes"

Post by c4s »

Following situation:
Every now and then my laptop is completely shutting down out of nowhere (because it's too old and fans are too weak :) ). Interestingly it often happens when I manually scroll the source code too fast but that's another story.
The Session History is enabled, so when I restart my laptop and PureBasic I get a message saying something like "it seems that your source code wasn't saved properly. Do you want to open the Session History?" If I click on yes a window with a few previous source code versions opens up. Unfortunately clicking on any of the list items always shows the complete source code so I don't see what has changed from the recovered to the last saved version.
Now it would be obvious to use the "compare changes" option but it's always disabled / grayed out in the IDE and I cannot start it from inside the Session History.
I can see the potential but all in all the Session History and the "compare changes" option is not really useful for me as it doesn't seem to work as intended or at least doesn't really help me out (with PB5.11)...

My question is: What is the suggest work flow using those features in the described situation? How can they help me out?
If any of you native English speakers have any suggestions for the above text, please let me know (via PM). Thanks!