PureBasic Editor for Linux

Working on new editor enhancements?
eikeland
New User
New User

PureBasic Editor for Linux

Post by eikeland »

Hi,

While I'm testing the latest release for linux (3.81), did I deside to try to write a 'pure' pb editor.
What I have done is modified a GTK 1.2 wraper of scintilla (gtkscintilla), and updated this with the latest scintilla version (1.5.8 ).
I have also tried to create a PureBasic lexer for scintilla, those of you who have worked with scintilla knows what I mean with lexer...:)

Anyway, my first goal is to make this linux version look, feel and behave as close to the "orginal" purebasic windows version as possible.
I know it's requested more advanced functionalities for the PB editor out there, but I would like to release a bug free version as possible.
It will also easyer to switch betweene them.

Mabye the Team who maintance the orginal version, could take a look at this version and keep them in sync in the future, I'm not sure I will have the time to maintance this one forever...

For those of you who would like to make a more advanced version for the futre can easly use the scintilla wrapper I converted, take a look at the jaPBe it's a great editor, but to much job for me to convert to linux right now.

Another thing, we could need a Visual Designer for linux as well, this would defantly speed up the use of PB in Linux, for now I have played litle with the Glade GUI designer and tried to convert the 'c' files, but this is still in a extreamly experimental state.

It would be great if some one have a web site where I could post the source code and the binary in the near future.

Richard
eikeland
New User
New User

Post by eikeland »

Berikco, thats GREAT!!!
I'm realy looking forward to your VD.

Richard
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

Richard, if you need some webspace for your project, I can add it to the 'Projects' section on www.PureArea.net
Feel free to contact me per email then... :D
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)
Christian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Christian »

Hi Richard!

Sounds very interessting! I'm looking forward to your first version. As I tried to use the gtkscintilla.so library, I just failed. :(

regards,
Christian
dracflamloc
Addict
Addict

Post by dracflamloc »

Any word on this?