Mac OSX specific forum
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Re: Programming on the Mac platform

Post by collectordave »

It Works!

Thanks possibly saved me hours.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Using PB 5.4 Beta.

Programmed a small Print and preview routine that takes lines, text and images etc on a windows machine then moved to MAC to test. Drawing stopped each time. Problem was that the drawing functions stopped after displaying a requester either font or file.

Not a restriction more my problem in my thinking. Not many programmes ask you to choose the font for text to be printed at the time you are printing. So moved requester code to front before drawing routines.

Just a slight difference between Windows and OSX to be aware of.
jack
Addict
Addict

Post by jack »

MachOView is a visual Mach-O file browser. It provides a complete solution for exploring and in-place editing Intel and ARM binaries.
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Thanks all

Just another question.

Moved one of my programmes to the Mac and found that sizes of gadgets seem to be different. e.g. a spin gadget on windows displays three figures i.e. hundreds etc but the same prog on the mac shows only two. I also have scrunched up text and string gadgets.

Is there a rule of thumb for sizing gadgets so they display the same on both platforms?

regards

cd
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.