PlugIn for close to VB6 functionality

You need some new stunning features ? Tell us here.
axisdj
User
User

PlugIn for close to VB6 functionality

Post by axisdj »

Sorry guys I know I have been a pain here but let me ask a question.

I have been learning purebasic in the last few weeks coming from vb6 and have to say it is so close as a direct replacement and much better.

Because I do like organizing my code using classes the simpleOOP plugin solves that problem.

It gave the the idea and insight if anybody knows if a plugin can be written to simulate vb6 functionality for the GUI designer.

the plugin Would have to:
allow for when a gadget is clicked the default event would be created
like in vb6 there would be a new windows with drop down to select control and event options for that control / and event code should be inserted there
plugin would insert the required code to make PB work.

Anyone know if this is possible or if anyone has done this?

So close.
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Re: PlugIn for close to VB6 functionality

Post by mk-soft »

Not exactly what you mean.
But I have a tool which creates the complete event handling from one or more forms.
A subsequent change in the form is also possible.
See signature EventDesigner
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

Thats exactly what PureVision already supports (i just checked). There is also lunasole's DialogDesigner for Dialogs, but i havent heard anything about it recently.

PureVision offers code inject for left click, left doubleclick, right click, right double click and inner and outer loop. During export you can tell it to generate the event loop for you. Plus it even got a spiderbasic plugin recently. It's a great tool for PureBasic users IMHO.
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All
OldSkoolGamer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by OldSkoolGamer »

Bitblazer wrote:Thats exactly what PureVision already supports (i just checked). There is also lunasole's DialogDesigner for Dialogs, but i havent heard anything about it recently.

PureVision offers code inject for left click, left doubleclick, right click, right double click and inner and outer loop. During export you can tell it to generate the event loop for you. Plus it even got a spiderbasic plugin recently. It's a great tool for PureBasic users IMHO.
Thanks Bitblazer, I don't know how I did not know about this before, but I just purchased myself a license. :D