[5.71 Beta 3 x64 IDE crash]

Post bugs related to the IDE here
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

[5.71 Beta 3 x64 IDE crash]

Post by Bitblazer »

./launch.sh: line 1: 16881 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./compilers/purebasic

Additional info - i could not reproduce the crash. After starting the IDE again, both "create executable" and "F5 run/start" worked fine. The difference is that i edited a project with a dozen different source files in the IDE before. So some editing function with a project with several changed and opened source files triggered the crash when F5 is pressed.

Additional info - these messages are generated by the IDE if i start it manually:

Code: Select all

QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
qt.qpa.xcb: Unhandled client message:  "PureBasic_Break"
- Additional info 2
I just had another crash of the IDE when i removed a source file from the project files in the IDE. So i relaunched the IDE to reproduce the case for reporting and just like before, this time the IDE didnt crash. Previously i also edited some other open project files in other IDE tabs.

There seems to be a bug involving the editing of sourcefiles in the IDE which makes the IDE unstable and later crashes it. Could you upload a version with excessive debugging info like a version compiled with a purifier and offer that to reproduce the situation? Currently the 5.71 Beta x64 IDE contains a nasty bug. I will try to run it manually with strace and hope it gets triggered again.
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All