Compiler selection not remembered after update

Post bugs related to the IDE here
nsstudios
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Compiler selection not remembered after update

Post by nsstudios »

It seems as though the compiler selected for a pb file isn't remembered across updates.
I'm not sure if this only applies to betas, but for example:
Set compiler to x64 C backend
file.pb wrote: ; Compiler = PureBasic 6.03 beta 9 LTS - C Backend (Windows - x64)
After update to beta 10, the compiler resets to beta 10 x64 asm in compiler options instead of it selecting beta 10 x64 C backend.
It would be nice if there was a way for the IDE to select the compiler based on something that wouldn't change across updates. Extra points if it would know to recognize the same compiler across different OS's. Unless I'm mistaken, currently if you select x64 C backend on Windows, and try to load the pb file on another OS, it will not find it, even if you have the same version of PB installed.
Edit: It would also be nice if a compiler could be given a custom name, which could also serve as a unique identifier between different PB versions. E.g., if I set my 64c compiler to x64c, it won't change across updates. Also, if I add the same compiler version and same backend just different paths (for testing, for example), allowing to give them custom names would be less confusing than seeing two of the same entries.
Last edited by nsstudios on Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Compiler selection not remembered after update

Post by Quin »

+1 to this. I use the C backend by default on Windows, and have to remember to change it every time I update.
PB v5.40/6.10, Windows 10 64-bit.
16-core AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, 128 GB DDR5.