All PureFORM, JaPBe, Libs and useful code maintained by gnozal

Moderator: gnozal

user3162
New User
New User

Re: jaPBe 3.12.8 [IDE for PB 4.xx]

Post by user3162 »

gnozal wrote:
user3162 wrote:When I try install or use this under Win7 Home Premium, I get this:
Error:'C:\Program Files\PureBasic\Compilers\pbcompiler.exe' is not a x86 executable!
The path is correct.
Do you installed the PB x86 version (32 bit) or the 64 bit version ?
jaPBe only supports PB x86.
64, that would be it, then, thanks!
ozzie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ozzie »

My 'find in files' window is often displayed part-way off the bottom of the screen, and today it disappeared altogether - even after closing and restarting jaPBe. I then had a look at jaPBe.pref and found that FindInFileY is actually being saved as FindInFileX, ie FindInFileX is twice in the file and FindInFileY doesn't exist at all. To reinstate the 'find in files' window I deleted the 4 FindInFile... entries.

(Using jaPBe 3.12.8.873)
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

ozzie wrote:My 'find in files' window is often displayed part-way off the bottom of the screen, and today it disappeared altogether - even after closing and restarting jaPBe. I then had a look at jaPBe.pref and found that FindInFileY is actually being saved as FindInFileX, ie FindInFileX is twice in the file and FindInFileY doesn't exist at all. To reinstate the 'find in files' window I deleted the 4 FindInFile... entries.
(Using jaPBe 3.12.8.873)
Should be fixed in build 878.
For free libraries and tools, visit my web site (also home of jaPBe V3 and PureFORM).
ozzie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ozzie »

gnozal wrote:
ozzie wrote:My 'find in files' window is often displayed part-way off the bottom of the screen, and today it disappeared altogether - even after closing and restarting jaPBe. I then had a look at jaPBe.pref and found that FindInFileY is actually being saved as FindInFileX, ie FindInFileX is twice in the file and FindInFileY doesn't exist at all. To reinstate the 'find in files' window I deleted the 4 FindInFile... entries.
(Using jaPBe 3.12.8.873)
Should be fixed in build 878.
Thanks, gnozal. Working fine now.
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Re: jaPBe 3.12.12 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]

Post by gnozal »

Update

Changes :
 - added PB5.10 'check syntax only' feature (see 'Project menu')
For free libraries and tools, visit my web site (also home of jaPBe V3 and PureFORM).
ozzie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ozzie »

I have a .pbi include file in my project that contains text in Japanese in a Data section. The original text was translated for me and supplied in a file which I then copied into the relevant part of the include file. But when I viewed the file in jaPBe I just got question marks for the Japanese characters. On searching the Forum I found Trond's solution of setting the File Format to UTF8, but I couldn't find an option to do this in jaPBe so had to set the file format using the PB IDE. The file now views correctly in jaPBe, but is there a way I could have set the file format in jaPBe? (I'm using jaPBe 3.12.12.878.)
Demivec
Addict
Addict

Post by Demivec »

ozzie wrote:I have a .pbi include file in my project that contains text in Japanese in a Data section. The original text was translated for me and supplied in a file which I then copied into the relevant part of the include file. But when I viewed the file in jaPBe I just got question marks for the Japanese characters. On searching the Forum I found Trond's solution of setting the File Format to UTF8, but I couldn't find an option to do this in jaPBe so had to set the file format using the PB IDE. The file now views correctly in jaPBe, but is there a way I could have set the file format in jaPBe? (I'm using jaPBe 3.12.12.878.)
It's under the Project Menu -- Project Options -- General Tab -- Code Page comboBox.
Bisonte
Addict
Addict

Post by Bisonte »

a strange error occured. If I try to load the jaPBe.pb (source of it) this happens :
* image removed *
and japbe quit.

But its a "userlib and own resident free" pb installation.
PB5.11 x86, win7x64, jaPBe Build: 879

and JaPBe crashes if I try to open the "About" Window...
(in XP compat. Mode : I see the window and the images but no text and crash)
Last edited by Bisonte on Wed May 15, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PureBasic 6.04 LTS (Windows x86/x64) | Windows10 Pro x64 | Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus | R9 5900X | 64GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 TI iChill X4 | HAF XF Evo | build by vannicom​​
English is not my native language... (I often use DeepL to translate my texts.)
Demivec
Addict
Addict

Post by Demivec »

Bisonte wrote:a strange error occured. If I try to load the jaPBe.pb (source of it) this happens :

and japbe quit.
I've had this happen recently too. It happens when using the most recent build of jaPBe (and the previous ones also) and the PureBasic compiler for v5.11 (and also v5.10). I had to edit the preference file to reset the compiler to something older for it to work again. I can't use the most recent compiler with the sources I am editing because of this. In my case I think it relates to jaPBe pre-checking imports in my sources but I can't be sure. :cry:
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce these crashes. (PB 5.11 WinXP x86).
Demivec
Addict
Addict

Post by Demivec »

gnozal wrote:Unfortunately, I can't reproduce these crashes. (PB 5.11 WinXP x86).
Gnozal,

The error that Bisnote and I both reported is triggered for me when I load the source code file for jaPBe called 'jaPBe.bp'. The portion causing the error is at the end (and contains jaPBe settings) and will cause jaPBe to terminate even if it is the only thing in the file. This code only will cause an error (and termination) if the compiler is also set to v5.10 or later. Maybe your expert eyes can narrow it down further.

Code: Select all

; jaPBe Version=3.12.8.873
; ResourceType3=20
; ResourceName=compiling
; ResourceLanguage=0
; ResourceFile=Compiling.avi
; ResourceType3=9
; ResourceName=2
; ResourceLanguage=0
; ResourceFile=CombinedInclude.ico
; Build=883
; Working Directory=C:\Purebasic394\Compilers\
; ProductName=The new jaPBe V3 for PB4.xx
; ProductVersion=3.%year0%.%month%.%build%
; CompanyName=Feel the Pure Power !
; FileDescription=just another PureBasic editor
; FileVersion=3.%year0%.%month%.%build%
; InternalName=jaPBe
; LegalCopyright=gnozal (a.k.a. Philippe GUNTZ)
; OriginalFilename=%exe%
; Comments=Supports PB4.0x to PB4.6x
; Language=0x0000 Language Neutral
; FirstLine=0
; CursorPosition=0
; EnableNT4
; EnableXP
; EnableOnError
; UseIcon=jaPBeEXE.ico
; ExecutableFormat=Windows
; Executable=jaPBe.exe
; SaveDeclare
; EOF
Bisonte
Addict
Addict

Post by Bisonte »

Wow...

If I delete these rows with another text-editor, no crash....
PureBasic 6.04 LTS (Windows x86/x64) | Windows10 Pro x64 | Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus | R9 5900X | 64GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 TI iChill X4 | HAF XF Evo | build by vannicom​​
English is not my native language... (I often use DeepL to translate my texts.)
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

Demivec wrote:
gnozal wrote:Unfortunately, I can't reproduce these crashes. (PB 5.11 WinXP x86).
Gnozal,
The error that Bisnote and I both reported is triggered for me when I load the source code file for jaPBe called 'jaPBe.bp'. The portion causing the error is at the end (and contains jaPBe settings) and will cause jaPBe to terminate even if it is the only thing in the file. This code only will cause an error (and termination) if the compiler is also set to v5.10 or later. Maybe your expert eyes can narrow it down further...
I think I found the problem : the NT4 subsystem is missing in PB5.1x...
Create an empty 'NT4' directory in 'SubSystems' and no more crash.

New jaPBe build (880) uploaded.
Neil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Using jaPB and PureFORM together

Post by Neil »

Hi gnozal,

I'm sorry to ask this question, as I have seen that you have answered similar questions before, but I am still not 100% clear on how to use jaPB and PF together.

I have PF as a plugin to jaPB and I want to start a new project "MyProject".

Do I create the new project in jaPB which creates the files:
MyProject.pb
MyProject.pbfl

or do I call up PF straight away from jaPB and then let PF create MyProject.pb

I think what is confusing me is:

Is MyProject.pb the "main.pb" file, which in this case includes the window definitions ?

I usually have the window definitions in a separate file, which is then "Included" in the main.pb file.

Thanks,

Neil
klaver
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: jaPBe 3.13.4 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]

Post by klaver »

Is there a chance for stop using the PEComp?