jaPBe 3.13.4 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]

All PureFORM, JaPBe, Libs and useful code maintained by gnozal

Moderator: gnozal

dige
Addict
Addict

Re: jaPBe 3.12.8 [IDE for PB 4.xx]

Post by dige »

Since the last new build, the Procedure overview (book) does not work anymore. It breaks after
the first entry.

Code: Select all

Procedure A()
  MessageRequester( "Hallo", "Ballo" )
EndProcedure

Procedure B()
  A()
EndProcedure

Procedure C()
  B()
EndProcedure

C()

This also affects the creation of declare files ...
"Daddy, I'll run faster, then it is not so far..."
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

dige wrote:Since the last new build, the Procedure overview (book) does not work anymore. It breaks after
the first entry.
This also affects the creation of declare files ...
Sorry, big mistake :oops:
Should be fixed in build 877...
For free libraries and tools, visit my web site (also home of jaPBe V3 and PureFORM).
Bisonte
Addict
Addict

Post by Bisonte »

Also a strange bug : Changing the language in Prefs... crash !
PureBasic 6.04 LTS (Windows x86/x64) | Windows10 Pro x64 | Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus | R9 5900X | 64GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 TI iChill X4 | HAF XF Evo | build by vannicom​​
English is not my native language... (I often use DeepL to translate my texts.)
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

Bisonte wrote:Also a strange bug : Changing the language in Prefs... crash !
I cannot reproduce this (I tried english, french and german).
For free libraries and tools, visit my web site (also home of jaPBe V3 and PureFORM).
Bisonte
Addict
Addict

Post by Bisonte »

I download it from your site, extract it, start it, go to the prefs and change the language in any other language as the default english... Crash. (Win 7 x64)
PureBasic 6.04 LTS (Windows x86/x64) | Windows10 Pro x64 | Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus | R9 5900X | 64GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 TI iChill X4 | HAF XF Evo | build by vannicom​​
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

Bisonte wrote:I download it from your site, extract it, start it, go to the prefs and change the language in any other language as the default english... Crash. (Win 7 x64)
I can't test x64.
Another issue might be user rights : does jaPBe have write access to it's installation directory ?
Did you try running jaPBe in XP compatibility mode ?
Bisonte
Addict
Addict

Post by Bisonte »

gnozal wrote:Another issue might be user rights : does jaPBe have write access to it's installation directory ?
yes! its not in a systemdirectory.
gnozal wrote:Did you try running jaPBe in XP compatibility mode ?
After your post I tried it, but the same issue.
The crash occurs if you change the content of the combobox. not if you press ok.
see :
I download the source, and now try to find this strange behaviour ... (because its the first time that I have a crash with jaPBe on Win7 x64)

Edit : With WindowVirtualPC-XPMode this bug not happend... but it's a virtual and 32Bit WinXP
Demivec
Addict
Addict

Post by Demivec »

I am getting a strange error when debugging a project (specifically the 'jaPBe' project) using the build 873. The project includes 38 files.

When I compile the main file or many of the non-main files, some that include executable code outside of procedures and some that doesn't, I get two errors that read something like this:

Windows cannot find 'C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\Purebasic15.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

;and
Cannot execute file 'C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\Purebasic15.exe'.
The specific file varies depending on which file in the project I attempt to compile. If I am trying to compile/run the file it doesn't produce any noticeable results, probably because a temporary executable is never created. If I try and produce an executible none is produced.

In working on the project I had been trying to place explicit variable declarations by starting a debug sessions to determine where in the source an undeclared variable was; this was working fine and then once the errors above started showing that was all I got, voilà.

If I create a new file, the new file compiles and debugs without a problem, even with the project still loaded.

What can I do? I cannot continue at the moment with this project using jaPBe. :(
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

Demivec wrote:I am getting a strange error when debugging a project (specifically the 'jaPBe' project) using the build 873. The project includes 38 files.
What can I do? I cannot continue at the moment with this project using jaPBe. :(
I never heard of this kind of issue...
It seems like the compilation fails (no exe).
- Do you use the 'main file' feature in the 'Project' menu ?
- Do the temporary files (used to compile the source) look ok (PB_EditorOutput.pb/PB_EditorOutput2.pb in %temp%) ?
Demivec
Addict
Addict

Post by Demivec »

gnozal wrote:
Demivec wrote:I am getting a strange error when debugging a project (specifically the 'jaPBe' project) using the build 873. The project includes 38 files.
I never heard of this kind of issue...
It seems like the compilation fails (no exe).
- Do you use the 'main file' feature in the 'Project' menu ?
- Do the temporary files (used to compile the source) look ok (PB_EditorOutput.pb/PB_EditorOutput2.pb in %temp%) ?
I did not find any temporary files matching 'PB_EditorOutput?.pb'.

I did find a solution though. I saved the project file-list over itself. Restarted jaPBe and set each of the project files to use the same 'main file' (i.e. 'jaPBe.pb').

This seems to have fixed the issue. :)

I had tried to restart jaPBe before but this alone had not fixed the issue and since I could create new files (while the project was loaded) that would compile I figured it had to do with some sort of corruption to the projects file-list. I wish I would have saved a backup of the previous file-list to make comparisons, unfortunately I didn't.

Meanwhile I've run into some other problems that may be tied into my 'fix'. I'll see if I can sort these out before reporting any of them here.
Demivec
Addict
Addict

Post by Demivec »

I have additional information regarding my previous Error/bug report dealing with missing compilation files in the creation of an executible (including temporary ones).

I had previously stated that I fixed the error by replacing the project file. It turns out all that did was mask the error by creating other problems that likewise prevented compilation. When I solved the other problems the original problem manifested itself again.

I did narrow down the cause of the problem though when I reverted to a backup of the entire project and made selected updates to it to restore it to the state where the problem showed up.

It turns out the problem involved the EnableExplicit command. I was using EnableExplicit to double check all the variables used so that they were declared explicitly. I would attempt a compilation of the project and it would stop at the next undeclared variable. I would add the declaration of the variable and then repeat the process by attempting to compile the project again.

Apparently one of the files would cause the project to fail compilation (and any further checks on variables) if EnableExplicit was in effect when it was included in the compilation. I DisabledExplicit before including the file and used EnableExplicit after the file and all was well. I still cannot determine what it is about this file that requires this special treatment.

I further narrowed it down to a single procedure within the problem file that seem to cause the problem, and then narrowed it down to a single statement.

What was the offending statement you might ask?

Success = 0
As long as this single statement did not have EnableExplicit in effect while it was compiled (meaning I turned it off before and turned it back on afterwards) all was well, otherwise I received the errors I reported (and was naught Succes'ful :mrgreen: ).

I can't seem to narrow it down beyond this. I can provide you with a copy of the project if you want to see the bug in action yourself.

Since it deals with the external debugger and with the PureBasic commands EnableExplicit and DisableExplicit I would think this would qualify as a PureBasic bug and not a jaPBe bug. I am going to see if I can set the project up with the PureBasic IDE to see if it occurs there also.
Demivec
Addict
Addict

Post by Demivec »

Demivec wrote:Since it deals with the external debugger and with the PureBasic commands EnableExplicit and DisableExplicit I would think this would qualify as a PureBasic bug and not a jaPBe bug. I am going to see if I can set the project up with the PureBasic IDE to see if it occurs there also.
I set up the project in the PureBasic IDE and compiled it successfully with both the integrated and stand-alone compiler.

That would seem to put the error/bug back in the domain of jaPBe.

The only good news is that it seems like such an obscure error that it probably would never happen to anyone else. :wink:
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

Demivec wrote:...
What was the offending statement you might ask?

Success = 0
As long as this single statement did not have EnableExplicit in effect while it was compiled (meaning I turned it off before and turned it back on afterwards) all was well, otherwise I received the errors I reported (and was naught Succes'ful :mrgreen: ).
:shock:
user3162
New User
New User

Post by user3162 »

When I try install or use this under Win7 Home Premium, I get this:
Error:'C:\Program Files\PureBasic\Compilers\pbcompiler.exe' is not a x86 executable!
The path is correct.
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

user3162 wrote:When I try install or use this under Win7 Home Premium, I get this:
Error:'C:\Program Files\PureBasic\Compilers\pbcompiler.exe' is not a x86 executable!
The path is correct.
Do you installed the PB x86 version (32 bit) or the 64 bit version ?
jaPBe only supports PB x86.