[IDE Tool] LazyCoder

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
chi
Addict
Addict

Re: [IDE Tool] LazyCoder

Post by chi »

Cyllceaux wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:00 am ok... it does not work for me atm, because I use TAB and not SPACE as indentation.
Could you please guide me through a scenario where it doesn't work? Including the IDE settings you've changed. Right now I can't reproduce the problem :oops:
Et cetera is my worst enemy
Cyllceaux
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Cyllceaux »

Hey there:

It's the "Tab Length".

I prefer TABs instead of SPACEs :)
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Post by HeX0R »

I guess, what he wanted to say is:
"your tool doesn't trigger, when there are tabs instead of spaces in front"
chi
Addict
Addict

Post by chi »

Got it, thanks! 1st post updated...
Cyllceaux
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Cyllceaux »

nice 8)
kernadec
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by kernadec »

hi,
Thank you, for this coding help tool :D
cordially
AZJIO
Addict
Addict

Post by AZJIO »

I wanted to show the utility on the AutoIt3 forum, but it turned out that it does not work with Notepad++.
How difficult is it to adapt for another notepad using Scintilla?
chi
Addict
Addict

Post by chi »

AZJIO wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:07 am I wanted to show the utility on the AutoIt3 forum, but it turned out that it does not work with Notepad++.
How difficult is it to adapt for another notepad using Scintilla?
LazyCoder depends on a few PB EnvironmentVariables (PB_Tool_Scintilla, PB_Tool_MainWindow, PB_TOOL_Cursor) and reading the purebasic.prefs for colors. Everything else (Windows+Gadgets, Maps, WinAPI, ...) should work fine on other Scintilla instances (Windows only). Probably not very difficult, but time consuming ;)
acreis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by acreis »

Good day all folks.

I can't download the zip file.

Is it possible fix it?

Thanks in advance!
chi
Addict
Addict

Post by chi »

acreis wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:11 pm Good day all folks.

I can't download the zip file.

Is it possible fix it?

Thanks in advance!
Maybe try a different browser... or your AV is blocking?! The link works fine on my end.
acreis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by acreis »

Got that after copying the link and pasting to browser address bar. Sorry for that. Thanks for sharing!
Michael Vogel
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael Vogel »

Oh, what a great tool - missed that :wink:

Some ideas for version 2...
- sometimes Shift+Enter without a key word didn't set the LazyCoder as a foreground window
- after opening the LazyCoder, I'd like to see the cursor in the shortcut list (setactivegadget)
- renaming a shortcut should allow 'Enter' to be accepted
- maybe a shortcut (within the LazyCoder dialog) could activate the selected shortcut from the list

...and version 3...
- preference file may use the real exe file name ('Tool LazyCoder.pref' if the exe has been renamed to 'Tool LazyCoder.exe)
- individual background colors for main dialog and shortcut window (taken from the purebasic prefs) or customizable (just by editing the preferences)
- special symbol for the resulting cursor position
- allowing shortcuts in the definition to jump quickly to parameters (&x,...) in the dialog
- special flag mode (Flags={\#WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW|#PB_Window_ScreenCentered|#PB_Window_Invisible}) which splits this to multiple checkboxes which could be switched on and off easily (the '\' character in my example would mean this flag is set to off by default)

Really cool!
AZJIO
Addict
Addict

Post by AZJIO »

Michael Vogel wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:13 am Some ideas
I would like the program to have an import of functions from the list. Since adding 2000 functions by hand is not so easy. I understand that the functionality is mainly used for abbreviations and frequently used functions, but this does not restrict the use of the full function name.
chi
Addict
Addict

Post by chi »

Michael Vogel wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:13 am Oh, what a great tool - missed that :wink:

Some ideas for version 2...
- sometimes Shift+Enter without a key word didn't set the LazyCoder as a foreground window
- after opening the LazyCoder, I'd like to see the cursor in the shortcut list (setactivegadget)
- renaming a shortcut should allow 'Enter' to be accepted
- maybe a shortcut (within the LazyCoder dialog) could activate the selected shortcut from the list

...and version 3...
- preference file may use the real exe file name ('Tool LazyCoder.pref' if the exe has been renamed to 'Tool LazyCoder.exe)
- individual background colors for main dialog and shortcut window (taken from the purebasic prefs) or customizable (just by editing the preferences)
- special symbol for the resulting cursor position
- allowing shortcuts in the definition to jump quickly to parameters (&x,...) in the dialog
- special flag mode (Flags={\#WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW|#PB_Window_ScreenCentered|#PB_Window_Invisible}) which splits this to multiple checkboxes which could be switched on and off easily (the '\' character in my example would mean this flag is set to off by default)

Really cool!
Thanks, much appreciated! I'll try to include some of your ideas next time I'm working on the source :D
AZJIO wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:26 pm
Michael Vogel wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:13 am Some ideas
I would like the program to have an import of functions from the list. Since adding 2000 functions by hand is not so easy. I understand that the functionality is mainly used for abbreviations and frequently used functions, but this does not restrict the use of the full function name.
I'd like to have that too :lol:, but that's not an easy task. I made some stupid decisions when I started the project and I'm kinda stuck with them... I could hack something together, but the result would only scratch the surface of what's really possible with such a tool. So the only solution is to rewrite the whole damn thing and I don't have much spare time atm. Also, the actual user base of LazyCoder seems to be pretty low (I guess), which doesn't help with the decision ;)
AZJIO
Addict
Addict

Post by AZJIO »

For interest, I tried inserting 1769 functions. It turns out you need a lower case, I did that too. It seems to work.
Download LazyCoder.pref.zip