PureBasic Template Manager

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
Amitris_de
User
User

PureBasic Template Manager

Post by Amitris_de »

Hi to all,
Today I want to unveil a new tool I made.
PureBasic Template Manager Ver : Alpha 1

Important features :
  • DPI aware
  • No need to install
  • Modern environment with the ability to change theme
  • Generate template file of your pb projects
  • Build the project from the selected template
  • Ability to import template files in the tool
  • Double-click on the selected template to display screenshot and details.
Share your making templates with us. :D
I welcome your comments and feedback in advance.
With respect.

Download Link : https://mega.nz/file/UF1gnDZJ#IctnRF_hh ... K2sArP8_Xs
captain_skank
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Template Manager

Post by captain_skank »

Looks great - but I don't get it ?

Is this supposed to create a sampe project using the them selected ? if so how ?

I created a sample project and it looks like all other PB/windows projects E.G follows the defaut windows theme setting.

Cheers
Amitris_de
User
User

Post by Amitris_de »

captain_skank wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:50 am Looks great - but I don't get it ?

Is this supposed to create a sampe project using the them selected ? if so how ?

I created a sample project and it looks like all other PB/windows projects E.G follows the defaut windows theme setting.

Cheers
Thanks, this is very simple, can you further explain which part of the tool you have a problem with?

more about the tool :
many softwares have the ability to create a templates, my goal was to build a modern template maker for pb. this tool does not provide special capabilities to your projects and windows and ..., Like changing the theme and ... never

with this tool (Export Template section) all files and folders of your project are stored in a zip file that is generated with the .pbtemp extension. you can share your template files (.pbtemp) with other users.
users who have received your files enter it into the tool from the (Import Templates) section.
then your template projects will appear in the (AvailableTemplates) section, and in this part, you can create a sample project from your selected template project.

I do not know whether my description helpful?

Sorry for my bad English.
captain_skank
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by captain_skank »

Thanks for the reply - you're English is fine and better than my [ insert any other language here ] :)

I misunderstood the goal of the program.

Could you share the code on how your changing the theme of your program though ?
Amitris_de
User
User

Post by Amitris_de »

captain_skank wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:44 pm Thanks for the reply - you're English is fine and better than my [ insert any other language here ] :)

I misunderstood the goal of the program.

Could you share the code on how your changing the theme of your program though ?
I used the codejock component to build the tool gui. all the controls you see in the tool are generated with this component and only two lines of code are needed to change their theme. I do not think that sharing their codes is useful without having codejock component.
Amitris_de
User
User

Post by Amitris_de »

Hi
I wanted to update this tool but it was canceled due to the low popularity of users. I have a question from users who may have downloaded this tool, do you think the existence of this tool is useful or not? please explain your reason.

With respect.
Paul
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by Paul »

Amitris_de wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:20 am I wanted to update this tool but it was canceled due to the low popularity of users.
@ Amitris_de
Is this a tool that you yourself uses every day? Does it increase your workflow and make working on projects easier for you?

If the answer if NO, that would be why it is not very popular with others.
If the answer is YES, why would you cancel it just because others don't have the same use for it, especially if it works for YOU and makes YOUR life easier?
Image Image
AZJIO
Addict
Addict

Post by AZJIO »

Amitris_de wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:20 am Hi
I wanted to update this tool but it was canceled due to the low popularity of users. I have a question from users who may have downloaded this tool, do you think the existence of this tool is useful or not? please explain your reason.

With respect.
I have my own idea about templates. I call them code snippets. They are stored as regular pb files. This makes it convenient to add, edit, and update code snippets. It is enough to open the folder of snippets in the program window and do anything with them. The next criterion is the speed of access. For example, I enter a part of a word, press a hotkey, and I am provided with a list of snippets whose names contain this part of the word. If I had to search in the titles, then I would have to read a lot of text. Instead, I get a short list of snippets. Convenience in program management is also important. The ability to select a snippet using the keyboard arrows and insert using Enter. Sort so that the most frequently used ones are higher in the list. I use my own program, although not all snippets have been added. I think that people will need the program when the snippets are added, then they will see the performance from using it. But in my case, this does not work, since I create snippets using Russian in the names, because I want to make life easier for myself first of all. When I started using it, I came across some ideas that will make the program even more convenient, that is, active use allows you to eliminate shortcomings.
Amitris_de
User
User

Post by Amitris_de »

Paul wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:21 pm
Amitris_de wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:20 am I wanted to update this tool but it was canceled due to the low popularity of users.
@ Amitris_de
Is this a tool that you yourself uses every day? Does it increase your workflow and make working on projects easier for you?

If the answer if NO, that would be why it is not very popular with others.
If the answer is YES, why would you cancel it just because others don't have the same use for it, especially if it works for YOU and makes YOUR life easier?
Thanks
i use this tool.
yes, its benefits are tangible to me, although it definitely needs to be improved.
if I wanted to use this tool for myself alone, I would never publish it.
Last edited by Amitris_de on Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amitris_de
User
User

Post by Amitris_de »

AZJIO wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:06 am I have my own idea about templates. I call them code snippets. They are stored as regular pb files. This makes it convenient to add, edit, and update code snippets. It is enough to open the folder of snippets in the program window and do anything with them. The next criterion is the speed of access. For example, I enter a part of a word, press a hotkey, and I am provided with a list of snippets whose names contain this part of the word. If I had to search in the titles, then I would have to read a lot of text. Instead, I get a short list of snippets. Convenience in program management is also important. The ability to select a snippet using the keyboard arrows and insert using Enter. Sort so that the most frequently used ones are higher in the list. I use my own program, although not all snippets have been added. I think that people will need the program when the snippets are added, then they will see the performance from using it. But in my case, this does not work, since I create snippets using Russian in the names, because I want to make life easier for myself first of all. When I started using it, I came across some ideas that will make the program even more convenient, that is, active use allows you to eliminate shortcomings.
Thanks for your comment
as far as I understand from your words, this is what you mean.
1- add a search engine for faster access to templates.
2- ability to use keyboard keys to change focus on different parts of the tool.
3- unicode support.

did I understand your opinion correctly?
StarBootics
Addict
Addict

Post by StarBootics »

Hello,

I would like to try your Template Manager but apparently it is for Windows only. I have launch it via wine under linux but nothing work, I have something like a blank window. Do you plan to release the source code ?

The best way to figure out a programming tool is useful is by trying it for real.

Best regards
StarBootics
The Stone Age did not end due to a shortage of stones !
AZJIO
Addict
Addict

Post by AZJIO »

Amitris_de wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:29 pmdid I understand your opinion correctly?
Yes, that's right.
Add the ability to import a folder with pb files. For example, I have 1000 examples from the code_archive, and I wouldn't want to add them all day. I had to write a script to add 1000 code examples to the official built-in template tool. It shouldn't be a chore (routine work).

StarBootics
My program runs on Linux
Amitris_de
User
User

Post by Amitris_de »

StarBootics wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:17 pm Hello,
I would like to try your Template Manager but apparently it is for Windows only.
Thanks a lot
what windows did you test on? can you give more information?
StarBootics wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:17 pm I have launch it via wine under linux but nothing work, I have something like a blank window. Do you plan to release the source code ?

The best way to figure out a programming tool is useful is by trying it for real.

Best regards
StarBootics
unfortunately or fortunately I only write programs for Windows. I have no problem sharing source code, but because I have to delete the components used, no one can run my codes.
Last edited by Amitris_de on Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amitris_de
User
User

Post by Amitris_de »

AZJIO wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:11 pm Yes, that's right.
Add the ability to import a folder with pb files. For example, I have 1000 examples from the code_archive, and I wouldn't want to add them all day. I had to write a script to add 1000 code examples to the official built-in template tool. It shouldn't be a chore (routine work).
Thanks
so what is the difference between this tool and pb template management?
my goal in making this tool was to provide a template file of each pb project with the ability to add screenshots and additional information and easier sharing.

two examples of software that have this feature :

https://www.reteset.net/products/sdstudiorad/
https://www.indigorose.com/autoplay-media-studio/

if this tool wants to do exactly what pb's tool does, my efforts will be in vain.
StarBootics
Addict
Addict

Post by StarBootics »

Amitris_de wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:35 pm unfortunately or fortunately I only write programs for Windows. I have no problem sharing source code, but because I have to delete the components used, no one can run my codes.
So I'm not interested then.
The Stone Age did not end due to a shortage of stones !