Learn 3D Graphics Programming

Everything related to 3D programming
Samuel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Learn 3D Graphics Programming

Post by Samuel »

Are you only interested in developing a C++ application? :?
If so then you're in the wrong forums.

You can use DirectX, OpenGL, or Vulkan in Purebasic, but you won't find much for tutorials. There are some example programs, but most are using legacy versions of OpenGL and DirectX.
If you want modern tutorials you'll have to look elsewhere and they'll most likely be in C++.

As for which graphics API to learn....... :| ..... I'd say all of them, but that's probably not realistic in most cases. I'd recommend doing research on all of them to try and find which one fits my needs the most. Personally, I usually use OpenGL in Purebasic, but I've been starting to use Vulkan more. I'll probably cut out OpenGL completely in a few years unless Vulkan takes a nose dive.
Altenburger
New User
New User

Post by Altenburger »

Samuel wrote:
Are you only interested in developing a C++ application? :?
If so then you're in the wrong forums.

You can use DirectX, OpenGL, or Vulkan in Purebasic, but you won't find much for tutorials. There are some example programs, but most are using legacy versions of OpenGL and DirectX.
If you want modern tutorials you'll have to look elsewhere and they'll most likely be in C++.

As for which graphics API to learn....... :| ..... I'd say all of them, but that's probably not realistic in most cases. I'd recommend using
do my essay research tools on all of them to try and find which one fits my needs the most. Personally, I usually use OpenGL in Purebasic, but I've been starting to use Vulkan more. I'll probably cut out OpenGL completely in a few years unless Vulkan takes a nose dive.
Hi Samuel,

What to start with? I've searched for the comparison and reviews of WebGl, Direct3D, Vulkan and OpenGl. Some beginners say that Vulkan is really too hard to start with. Is that true? Where can I find the books/pdf docs/tutorials for dummies working with Vulkan in Purebasic?

Thanks,
Adrian
Mijikai
Addict
Addict

Post by Mijikai »

Im afraid theres no easy way.

Probably the best API to learn is (modern) OpenGL - many resources and tutorials.
Vulkan is also very interesting but it seems to be difficult.

This is an Interesting Video about a Vulkan port of Doom 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R23npUCCnw

I wish there where PureBasic tutorials.

I think everyone would be happy about libs for OpenGL, Vulkan.
box_80
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by box_80 »

Nituvious
Addict
Addict

Post by Nituvious »

pretty much any tutorial you find online will translate to purebasic, though
▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░