yes, next step, next problem, WorldShadows()

Everything related to 3D programming
marc_256
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: yes, next step, next problem, WorldShadows()

Post by marc_256 »

IdeasVacuum wrote:
do you mean I need to learn OpenGL to use the OpenGL gadget ?
Well it's similar - especially in terms of how confusing and difficult it can be to get materials to look real :mrgreen:
However, there is a lot of OpenGL information online, because it is so popular. It's possibly more appropriate for your project as the sub-set of Ogre that PB supports is more in the direction of Games rather than Engineering.

I do wish Fred had added a raft of functions at the time the OpenGL Gadget was introduced. One thing in it's favour is the seamless movement of the mouse between the OpenGL gadget and any other gadget, without requiring extra code to track the mouse. If only there was an Ogre Gadget........

Hi IdeasVacuum,

That is my specific problem, I develop a mix of 2D/3D gaming and CAD programs :mrgreen: :evil: :twisted:
But if I have some time, I will take a closer look to OPEN_GL.

And yes, a OGRE Gadget ... Nice one

marc
- every professional was once an amateur - greetings from Pajottenland - Belgium -
PS: sorry for my english I speak flemish ...
marc_256
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by marc_256 »

My latest test about WorldShadows():
Samuel wrote:That could be causing the internal 16 bit vertex/index buffers to be out of bounds when stencil shadows are enabled.
So I did some tests with an old project of me ...
I used only one part of it, see red circle (elipse) :mrgreen:

Image created with a CAD program ...

As I like to make a "walk through" for my projects I wanted to use OGRE3D.
But even one part of it is to much to use the WorldShadows() and PB quits the program.

Now with this smaller test program, I get the error message on the screen,

PS: without WorldShadows() it works good.

marc
- every professional was once an amateur - greetings from Pajottenland - Belgium -
PS: sorry for my english I speak flemish ...
Samuel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Samuel »

marc_256 wrote: Did some tests, can be me but it seems, not the polys per entity is the problem,
but the total amount of polys of all entity's together !!!
Are you making any submeshes/subentities? I'm not 100% positive but I believe when you create a submesh/subentity they are put in the same buffer as the parent. Which could be causing the problem.
marc_256 wrote: 2) I import them in BLENDER to position, and give them a material, and export them via OGRE exporter.
and get a Geometry.mesh.xml file. Who I convert to a vertices / face data file.
If you haven't already try changing the use32bitindexes="false" to "true" within the Geometry.mesh.xml file.