how can i protect 3D textures and models ?

Everything related to 3D programming
skinkairewalker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: how can i protect 3D textures and models ?

Post by skinkairewalker »

the problem isn't even encryption, it's how to load a component that has been decrypted in the game's memory...
Keya
Addict
Addict

Post by Keya »

if you're running out of options I think you should ask at an Ogre forum how to load a component from memory (it is afterall an Ogre thing, not a PB thing)
skinkairewalker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by skinkairewalker »

an effective way would be to password the .zip or allow to import the .zip into memory and load from memory
Distorted Pixel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Distorted Pixel »

I know this is months late lol, butI'm not sure if you can do this to models, but how about converting the images to text and doing something with it like encrypting them and only unencrypt them when you need them and converting them back. Or is there a way to encrypt the text files into the exe? If I remember right, DarkBASIC Professional's IDE had an option to include everything in the compiled exe. I don't know if PB can do that or do it with code or not.
To be popular is way to much work. I just want to be me, myself and I. Oh no, does that mean I'm bipolar? :shock:

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care
Mijikai
Addict
Addict

Post by Mijikai »

As mentioned before encryption on gfx stuff doesnt really work.
You can store everything you want in a PB exe (there are several ways) the easiest would be to use Include Binary.