linux help network

Got an idea for enhancing PureBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

linux help network

Post by Bitblazer »

I usually pick the help topic example of a specific library and build up from there. Trying to do that for a network service in linux, i clicked a dozen network commands and couldnt find any link to any of the commands or a network example. The windows version of the 5.70 help has them nicely as expected.

So my request would be to insert a working client and server example into the purebasic linux help.

ps: Its ironic that the linux people would need to ask a windows user for a networking example as that should be THE most common use case for anything regarding linux - network stuff :)
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: linux help network

Post by Bitblazer »

I just started to develop with the linux network library again and found that this was not fixed.

Please add the networkclient.pb and networkserver.pb samples to the linux network help pages.

see : https://www.purebasic.com/documentation ... index.html
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

I don't see any failure in the Network docs file. There are linked the mentioned example files without any OS-specific restrictions. So it's maybe a Linux-specific problem with the PB DocMaker? (question to Fred)
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

Our custom Linux format doesn't support examples for now.