|Please read before submitting a bug report !
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||BackupUser [ Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:14 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Please read before submitting a bug report !|
Reporting bugs correctly is vital to fixing any problems that may occur in PureBasic. Therefore, please keep the following tips in mind before posting any bug reports:
Note: This section is for Bugs in the Windows version of PureBasic only. For the other operatingsystems, please post in the corrent section:
(1) Are you using the latest version of PureBasic? Many bugs are fixed in new releases, and you may still be using an old version.
(2) Remove (or disable) any third-party user libraries before testing the "bug" as these might be interfering with PureBasic's compiler and causing the problem. Also, don't use any third-party code editors (such as jaPBe); use only the official PureBasic editor.
(3) Have you triple-checked your code? Sometimes we make the simplest of mistakes, and post "bugs" only to find out we forgot something.
(4) If something doesn't "seem to work", then post it in the Questions section first, unless you know it's a bug. A lot of times a bug is just lack of knowledge by a newbie of how to use a command correctly.
(5) Bugs, generally, are commands that don't work as they should, or commands that worked on an earlier version of PureBasic but don't on the newest. This means you shouldn't report things like the compiler crashing because you used a Return without Gosub.
(6) Before reporting a bug, can you replicate it on another PC, if possible? Perhaps your own PC has damaged/missing files, or you've changed its configuration. Try to test on a standard OS install, if you possibly can. If not, that's fine, but it definitely helps.
(7) If you've found something that seems to be a real bug, then try to narrow it down to a small section of code, and post that code with your report. It's hard to help if we can't see exactly what you're doing.
(8 ) Post a description of the bug with the code (not just code alone), unless the bug is extremely self-evident. We'd like to know what the the problem actually is, instead of just running your code and hoping the problem will be obvious.
(9) Please include the PureBasic version in which the bug has been discovered in your report (Including beta versions.) This makes it much easier to compare older Bugreports to actual versions of PB.
(10) Include which Operating System your PC is running. Sometimes a bug is limited to an earlier version of Windows, for example, and may not apply to higher versions.
(11) Read the doc twice, just to be sure you didn't have missed something obvious.
(12) Once a bug as been reported, please don't 'bump' the topic by adding a new post like 'this bug is till not fixed in the new release'. We are aware about it. We read all the bugs, if it's not set as 'Fixed', then we didn't found a solution for now.
Thanks for reading!
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC + 1 hour|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group