[5.72-B1] Indentation still buggy

Post bugs related to the IDE here
Little John
Addict
Addict

Re: [5.72-B1] Indentation still buggy

Post by Little John »

PureLust wrote:
Little John wrote:Yes, I'm using some own keywords for indentation.
Interesting ... do you have defined anything, rather then ordinary PB commands, so they can be used anytime and anywhere in the code?
I mean the keywords in the file "SDK\PureUnit\PureUnitKeywords.txt".
Strictly speaking, they are not my "own" keywords. However, unfortunately by default they are not recognized as keywords by the IDE, so we have to make them known to the IDE ourselves.
PureLust
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PureLust »

#NULL wrote:I think it was JaPBe that began to supporting ;> and since then for me too it feels like default even in the PB-IDE. :)
Oh jeah, I think you are right ... there it comes from.

I started using JaPBe right after I started with PB (back in the old, old days). And you start to assimilate all it's build in nitty gritties quite fast.
But since PBs IDE made a huuuuughe jump, I'm very pleased with it's functionality but still use some handy dandy tricks from the good old JaPBe-Times. :wink:
#NULL wrote:In any case I think 'format code' shouldn't have a different result than what auto-indentation did in the first place (likewise, formatting commented-out code indents it in a wrong way).
Thank you for clearing up my messy gibberish ... that was exactly what I was trying to highlight as a bug ... :mrgreen:

About auto alignment of Comments - what about this:

Only auto align comments starting with "; " (semicolon plus space) - so everyone can decide if this line should be auto aligned or not. E.g.:

"; ===== Main Event Loop =====" - comment gets aligned
";===== Main Event Loop =====" - stays at the position where the coder wanted it to be.

or use ";;" as a key for a comment you want to be aligned, or, or, or, ...
[Dynamic-Dialogs] - create complex GUIs the easy way
[DeFlicker] - easily deflicker your resizeable Windows
[WinFX] - Window Effects (incl. 'click-through' Window)
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Post by skywalk »

Yes!
Stop moving my left aligned comments :evil:
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum