creation of defective internal form

Post bugs related to the IDE here
a_carignan
User
User

creation of defective internal form

Post by a_carignan »

Hello,
It is not possible to check and uncheck window settings in PureBasic's built-in form builder.
my operating system is Windows 10.
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Re: creation of defective internal form

Post by TI-994A »

a_carignan wrote:It is not possible to check and uncheck window settings in PureBasic's built-in form builder.
Which settings, exactly?
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
a_carignan
User
User

Post by a_carignan »

Most of the parameters are inaccessible.
This would be due to my unusual screen format (2256 x 1504 x150%).
when I use a resolution of (1366 X 768 X 100%) the interface works perfectly.
I see the setting, but it's like it's turned off.
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

a_carignan wrote:...when I use a resolution of (1366 X 768 X 100%) the interface works perfectly.
It's clearly a DPI issue. When no scaling is applied, the IDE should display properly under any screen size.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
a_carignan
User
User

Post by a_carignan »

Okay, that's a DPI issue. But do you have any other solution than to change DPI to use form editor.
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

a_carignan wrote:Okay, that's a DPI issue. But do you have any other solution than to change DPI to use form editor.
Scaling is usually applied for added visual accessibility. An alternative to this would be to utilise a lower display resolution without any scaling. Not ideal, but it works.
a_carignan
User
User

Post by a_carignan »

So I have to change my display every time I want to edit a window in PureBasic?
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

a_carignan wrote:So I have to change my display every time I want to edit a window in PureBasic?
That's not ideal. Here's a small trick that seems to work. By expanding the properties side panel a little, the fields and checkboxes become responsive again; even at 150% scaling. Please do give it a try.
a_carignan
User
User

Post by a_carignan »

Indeed, it seems to have worked.
Thank you :D
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Rinzwind »

I seem to remember that you have to design at 100% (96dpi) otherwise your designed form looks wrong at 100% screens.

Scaling is not just for accessibility. It is a necessity for hi-dpi/retina screens. It adds sharpness to fonts (the default on phones, the default on macs, starting to get common finally in pc land, Windows had its issues with it for long and its best solutions to it depends on devs corporation, PB still has its issues with it.
a_carignan
User
User

Post by a_carignan »

Ok.