Windows specific forum
boddhi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

EXIFRead library

Post by boddhi »

Bibliothèque EXIFRead
  • Description :
    • Read EXIF tags (APP0, APP1, IFD0, IFD1, EXIFIFD and GPS markers) of an JPEG/JFIF image.
      Possibility to modify certain tags such as dates and information such as description, comment, author and copyright
  • Version : 1.50
    PB Version : 6.00+ (not tested on previous versions)
    Language : English or French
    Doc and examples provided.
Version 1.50 Windows x64 (Pb 6.00+)
Version 1.23 Linux (Pb 4.51)
Help file (chm format)

Other archives

Do not hesitate to send me your comments, suggestions, bugs, ...

EDIT on 30.12.22 : Version 1.50 (PB 6.00+ only for Windows x64)
Last edited by boddhi on Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IdeasVacuum
Always Here
Always Here

Re: EXIFRead library

Post by IdeasVacuum »

Works really well Boddhi but it's dependant on a Library and so there is concern that it won't work with future PB versions. Many PB Developers have got stung in that way in the past :cry:
IdeasVacuum
If it sounds simple, you have not grasped the complexity.
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

I thought this topic looked familiar, and I was right: Boddhi posted about this lib 10 years ago in 2010, and then again here in this topic in 2020. Both were posted in November of their years, too. Very strange!

Previous post -> viewtopic.php?f=27&t=44333

Why such a long gap between announcements? Oh well; I look forward to the November 2030 re-post.
boddhi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by boddhi »

Hello,

New version 1.50 - PB 6.00+ - Windows X64.
BarryG wrote:I thought this topic looked familiar, and I was right: Boddhi posted about this lib 10 years ago in 2010, and then again here in this topic in 2020. Both were posted in November of their years, too. Very strange!
Well, you see, you won't have to wait until 2030 for a new release! :wink:

And nothing strange either!

I develop this library for my personal need and make it available for those who are interested.
I modify it according to my needs or if someone reports a bug or asks me for an improvement.
But to be honest, I hardly ever have either of them! So, either my lib is perfect (which I wouldn't pretend to say...) or it doesn't interest many people.
It therefore only evolves when the need arises.
Especially since intermediate versions had been published on the French forum. Only the missing English translation update prevented me from posting on the English forum.
Voilà.

@IdeasVacuum
Eternal debate on the use of userlibs.
As with everything, there are pros and cons, I won't go over that :wink:
As long as my brain allows me to continue coding, I will keep it up to date. Note, however, that it has existed for 12 years already and rare are the free software or developments (PB or not) that are maintained for so long, right? :wink:
I'm not forcing anyone and it's up to you to use it or not. No problem with that :D

Happy Holidays to all. :D
dige
Addict
Addict

Post by dige »

Hi boddhi,

I would like to try your lib, but I need it for an x86 project. Could you also make the lib available for this?

Another thing is, does this lib support heic images (High Efficiency Image File Format)? Its mostly used on smartphones..

Kind regards

Dige
"Daddy, I'll run faster, then it is not so far..."