Analog Vu Meter (Real-Time)

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Re: Analog Vu Meter (Real-Time)

Post by TI-994A »

Ioannis wrote:...Running on 5.70 Demo version of PB.

A new error message appears Line 94: GlobalAlloc_() is not a function, array, list, map or macro.
Hello Ioannis, and welcome to the world of PureBasic. :)

The demo version has an 800-line code limit, and it's not able to call operating system API functions (API functions are suffixed with the underscore, like GlobalAlloc_(), UpdateLayeredWindow_(), SetWindowLongPtr_(), etc.).
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
Ioannis
New User
New User

Post by Ioannis »

Thank you for pointing out. The error was a bit misleading for me...

Ioannis
netmaestro
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

Post by netmaestro »

Appears as though you are running the Demo version of PB. The demo version doesn't have the API commands linked into the shipped version the way the regular releases do. You'll have to import them manually using either Import-EndImport with the lib or Prototypes with the dll. Or you could buy PB, own it for a lifetime of free updates and grin foolishly all the way to the bank. 'Cause yes - you really are getting something for nothing.
BERESHEIT
Ioannis
New User
New User

Post by Ioannis »

Thank you netmaestro for the reply.

Yes it is the demo version. I am not a pro programmer (on the PC side) but rather a microcontroller one and would like to have a PC piece of software to display some measurements or data on screen preferably through a USB connection.

Up to this moment no USB port seems supported.

Ioannis